The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

hellooooo new to this thread and i think its great!!!! last film i watched was om shanti om n i went cinema and embarassed all ma friends coz i got up and danced to the songs and it was a wicked film........ cant wait to watch "welcome" btw im crazy about arjun rampal and akshay kumar. Yay meeeeeeee
Tasha XXX
Hehe im going to watch Dus Kahaniyan tomorrow. Cant wait!!! :tongue:
Where are all you bollywood lovers gone? come oooooonnnnnn
I like Bollywood don't love it by any means and I'm here. How was Dus Kahaniyan?
I watched 'No Smoking' & Jab We Met' Yesterday.

I thought both films were wicked & entertaining.

'No Smoking', because it was different from typical bollywood films though I felt that the writer/director lost the plot at the end and it sort of went out of his hands.

'Jab We Met', Awsom. I loved the looked of Kareena Kapoor when she's running away with shahid at night.
Dus Kahaniyan 's music video 'Dus!' is soooo bad! the way they cross the hands when they say 'Dus' is just really bad.
I've never really been into Bollywood, but I randomly watched one on channel 4 late one night and it was pretty good! It was called 'Sarfarosh', if anyone's heard of it. Went on for HOURS though....
Oh, I loved Sarfarosh, found it really entertaining. Aamir Khan was so good in it. It has such a good storyline too which was really unusual because it was pretty typical, but unlike 90% of Bollywood films, really well done.
Reply 1988
HEY GUYS!

It's been so long! I've only managed to watch one film in the last three months! Though it was well worth it, if only for Deepika :p:

Am planning to watch Dus Kahaniyaan this weekend, anyone seen it?
I watched 'Jab We Met' recently and thought it was pretty good. Kareena especially was very entertaining and Shahid had some good dance sequences although not his best by any measure. The best thing about the film has to be the title - its so Punjabi!
I haven't watched an Indian film since watching Cheeni Kum :redface:
(nice to see you back here Kolo :biggrin:)
And Rahul makes his comeback too!!! Lots of films for me to talk about. My ratings for some movies:
CDI- i dont know if i have talked about this. one of SRK best performances and was there to save YRF once again. everything was perfect for the sports film. one of the best movies of the year =10/10
Laaga Chunari mein daag- a very good film, deserved to be a hit. excellent performances with excellent story. = 8/10
Bhool Bhulaiya- an ok attempt at a comic thriller but wasnt worth all the hype. akshay gave an ok performance nothing great, paresh rawal as usual was great =6/10
Jab We Met- great acting by kareena and shahid reminded me of a mini SRK=8/10
No Smoking- the film was bad and shouldnt have been made=3/10-only because john was convincing in his role.
OSO-one of the best films of the year and SRK was at his best, farah has definately improved since main hoon na. As we all know this was SRK commercial film of the year and he certainly knew how to entertain us. the film was funny and deepika did really well with her acting too. everyone had worked hard and it showed. SRK looks great with his new toned body and the deewangee song was amazing. it was a true tribute to bollywood!!! this film will be a classic as it is the first bollywood spoof = 10/10
Saawariya- what was SLB thinking? Bad sets, bad music and bad direction, however good performances by ranbir=4/10
Aaja Nachle- Madhuri's comeback film and she still has it all. the story had a lot of flaws however performances from each actor was brilliant =7/10
Khoya Khoya Chand- was totally boring, if im honest, i left the cinema hall within 20 minutes. so for me it = 0/10
Dus Kahaniyan- a very good effort by Sanjay Gupta and Sanjay Dutt, Nana Patekar story was amazing and very touching. as it had 10 stories, there were more good stories over bad =7/10
Welcome- one of the worst movies of the year, if nana patekar, paresh rawal and anil kappor wasnt in there then the film had nothing. those 3 actors saved the film and made some parts of the film funny. akshay and katrina were bad, there was no chemistry, totally wasted. akshay needs to start moving away from the comic roles. mallika was good. the climax was the worst part of the film = 4/10
And finally, the one that should win best film of the year and that is TAARE ZAMEEN PAR!!! Let me say, Aamir was excellent as an actor but an even better director!!! He was amazing and the little kid playing Ishaan is the show-stealer, he carries a big film on his little shoulders with ease!!! It is a quality film with commercial content. The story is really touching and i cried throughout the film. it is one of the best movies, bollywood has ever produced. i certainly come out the film convinced that every child is special no matter what their academic abilities are. it is an amazing film and everyone should watch it!!! = 10/10
and special note to kolo who has brought me back to TSR!!! Thankyou!!!
Hahaha - all the SRK films score a 10! How predictable!

I haven't seem a lot of those films and I thought I was getting through a lot and was nearly caught up; you must go to they cinema a lot!

Of the films you have seen, I've so far only seen 'Jab we met' and 'Chak De India'. I thought both were pretty good. CDI was slightly more enjoyable than 'Jab...' though because there was a lot of repetition in the latter. Although it was part of the storyline it did make me a little bored.

Have you seen 'Heyy Babyy' yet?
Tory_boy
Hahaha - all the SRK films score a 10! How predictable!

I haven't seem a lot of those films and I thought I was getting through a lot and was nearly caught up; you must go to they cinema a lot!

Of the films you have seen, I've so far only seen 'Jab we met' and 'Chak De India'. I thought both were pretty good. CDI was slightly more enjoyable than 'Jab...' though because there was a lot of repetition in the latter. Although it was part of the storyline it did make me a little bored.

Have you seen 'Heyy Babyy' yet?

Tory boy- SRK films only get 10 because they are worth being 10!!! there is no bias.
i have seen Heyy Babyy- i didnt like it as much as i thought i would but it wasnt that bad, SRK's 1 minute appearance was the best bit in the film and the little baby was the best actor in the film. Akshay Kumar was only good in his comic scenes but in the serious scenes he didnt hit the right button! Vidya was ok. Fardeen and Riteish were both very good and enjoyable to see. Overall, an average comedy film-i just didnt like the cheap sex jokes! =6/10

tory boy, let me tell you SRK for me is a flawless actor as he was the one that got me watching bollywood films, so i will always see even his worst performances atleast average. but you have noticed i have given a lot of praise to Aamir for Taare Zameen Par and said it was the best film of the year. even as a SRK fan, i do appreciate other films that deserve it!!! and my ratings are not biased even if it is SRK, let me please make that clear. its just my opinion thats all!!!
Of course, of course. I give SRK 10/10 for his one minute performance in Heyy Babyy anyway, I just love that song: 'Mast Kalandaar'.

I don't think that I could become so attached to one Bollywood actor as to give him an average mark if he did a really bad performance. Especially if it was SRK, if he's King Khan (which I'm not saying he isn't) he would have to agree that he has to earn that title too.
Tory_boy
Of course, of course. I give SRK 10/10 for his one minute performance in Heyy Babyy anyway, I just love that song: 'Mast Kalandaar'.

I don't think that I could become so attached to one Bollywood actor as to give him an average mark if he did a really bad performance. Especially if it was SRK, if he's King Khan (which I'm not saying he isn't) he would have to agree that he has to earn that title too.

Well i am not attached to one bollywood actor, like i said if an actor performs well, then i do compliment it. SRK has not given a bad performance in my opinion for the past 7 years atleast. obviously if he did a very very bad performance then i would criticise him for it!!! and yes SRK is more critically looked at by me because he has high expectations, so he faces more critical analysis than any other actor from me.
Bhagham Bhag was on a couple of days ago. Classic Priyadarshan - barely a plot, lots of mayhem, plenty of Akshay Kumar, and totally worth it!
CorpusNinja
Bhagham Bhag was on a couple of days ago. Classic Priyadarshan - barely a plot, lots of mayhem, plenty of Akshay Kumar, and totally worth it!

Bhagam Bhag was ok, again Govinda made the movie a great success and akshay was decent in the film!!!
Watched Welcome yesterday. It was so stupid that I laughed...I suppose that was the point!
Best Actor of the Year goes to Darsheel- the little kid from Taare Zameen Par!!! in my honest opinion, he should win!!!

Quick Reply

Latest