The Student Room Group

School memories

Scroll to see replies

Primary
Ball kicked in the headteachers face, we all stopped completely silent/still and she burst into tears... unexpected

High School
My friend fell into a puddle of mud, all gloopy and horrible and just lay there for a while. We were like erm Sophie? She didn't move then got up and just walked off completely covered in crap...

Sixth Form
When the RE teacher asked us to do a show of hands for who was a virgin and then asked us to talk about the reasons why we were/were not...
Primary
Ball kicked in the headteachers face, we all stopped completely silent/still and she burst into tears... unexpected

High School
My friend fell into a puddle of mud, all gloopy and horrible and just lay there for a while. We were like erm Sophie? She didn't move then got up and just walked off completely covered in crap...

Sixth Form
When the RE teacher asked us to do a show of hands for who was a virgin and then asked us to talk about the reasons why we were/were not...
Reply 22
Someone once set off the fire alarm 3 times in one day to try and get themselves expelled.

The week before my graphics coursework was due was pretty mental - I spent every hour not in a lesson working on it.

Original post by ralts

Being put into bottom set for P.E with all of my best friends. We had the best time! I actually liked P.E for those last 2 years.

We once did PE based on our French sets (I guess for some timetable reason) - it was great as there were really awesome people in my French set.
Reply 23
Secondary school
In year 8 a few people in my form created a book to bitch about people and teachers - pretty much like Mean Girls. The teachers got involved and resulted in a few whole school detentions
In year 9 these two on/off friends had a full-blown fight during PSHE with pencil cases flying everywhere - the headmistress had to get invoked because our form tutor was too scared to intervene
Relating to that form tutor, these two girls caused her to leave because of their harassing of her and their mind games towards her - I heard she was diagnosed with depression
In year 10, our ironically fat PE teacher got pissed with the whole year because we were apparently wasting her time so she decided to "give us a taste of our own medicine" and have us sit in a line for about an hour and a half while she sat in front of us licking a lollipop and drinking Starbucks
In year 11 two of my friends decided to have a water fight on the school hall rooftop with some condoms filled with water and the school librarian grassed them up. They got an internal exclusion for a week each lol
(edited 9 years ago)
All from secondary;
- going outside to eat lunch in year 7 and a seagull stealing a 12 inch tuna baguette from my hand.
- Having parties and dancing on the tables with ridiculously loud music in one of the mobile blocks.
- someone ran and jumped up onto the curtains in the sports hall and was being swung, the curtain ripped and she fell into the wall.
- A supply had a breakdown in our lesson and then the head teacher came in laughing hysterically and started throwing sweets at us.
- going on a school trip to a HE fair and watching the teachers freebie grab ( they literally picked up 10 bags of stuff)
- Our school trips were always hilarious because the teachers were so relaxed and jokey!!
- my friend running into a pond and having to go to lost property to find clothes for her while avoiding teachers.
- ohh and a seagull AND a squirrel both managed to come into our assembly and no one knew what to do!!!
Ohh and when I went to London on a school trip with my tutor group and the two teachers (one female and one male) and they thought we were one big family!! At which point they pretended to kiss eachother and went around the rest of the day holding hands!! :') (we have vertical tutoring which is where there's like 2-3 people from each year group put in the sake tutor) there were 8 of us so we all found it hilarious at the time!
Original post by Twerk and die
Primary. ----

Winning the Leavers Literature Prize.
Leaver Ceilidh
Winning a silver medal at the school sports day.
Singing at the piano in reception
Winning the talent show
getting hyper on a concoction of sherbet straws and orange squash
Going to theatre camp in the summer hols with classmates
School camp in hexham

high school: still in hs

prank day
Getting an A* in german year7

wow, you sound like a bundle of laughs...
Primary school:

I was a shy kid and when we did PE, I would often sit out of some activities if I thought I might do it wrong and embarrass myself in front of everyone else. How I managed to get away with it for virtually my whole primary school life I don't know.

One time my shoes were soaking wet from the night before and my grandma (who always got me ready for school) made me go into school wearing sandals, in the middle of winter when it was raining.

We would always have toy days on the last day of term, up until about year 5 or 6 if I remember correctly.

Secondary school:

One time in sixth form, some people put another student in a cardboard box, taped it up and left him outside. The incident was photographed and shown in the presentation on the last day of sixth form.

One of the physics teachers got into trouble when a student climbed up onto a roof to retrieve some rocket they had been using for an experiment.

At the end of year 7, when the school was bringing in a new uniform, there was a protest movement in the school including a sit in on the school field. It failed.

I might post some more later if I remember some more.
Reply 28
playing football and kicking the ball over the fence into the farmer's field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending