The Student Room Group

Should I try again?

Okay, so my housemate and I admitted to liking each other, she asked me out and we went on one date, but then she called things off after that and wanted to go back to being friends because she said that I was too good for her and that she was too busy. I got the vibe that she lied to me in the talk that we had about going back to being friends because she said she liked me a lot, asked me out, enjoyed the first date, and was up for a second date, and she just looked like she was lying to me when she was giving the reasons for wanting to go back to being friends. This was in January.

I accepted her decision and was fine with just being friends with her even though i still liked her, but then she started being cold with me and sometimes even rude. This wasn't the weird thing though because towards the end of term she warmed up to me again, but too much in my opinion. For instance, she flirted with me almost everyday when she didn't with anyone else and didn't really flirt with me when she was interested in dating me. Moreover, she also complimented everyday and even blatantly checked out my boobs and body when she complimented a top I was wearing and always offered me food or wanted to take a bite out of what I was eating. Also, one day she was incredibly touchy-feely with me and stuck by my side constantly. She made me touch her back and her face, and rested her head on my legs when I resting on a sofa and she was sitting on the floor. When we were gonna watch a show she also stayed on the floor next to me when there were two free seats available to sit on, the seats that she normally occupies. She even called me at the airport to talk to me about something shocking that happened on the Good Wife, when she hates talking on the phone and would normally text me.

I just kinda get the vibe that she still likes me, and even our housemates who observes a lot of things in the house thinks the same thing. I still like her and I believe she still likes me too, so I'd like to try again with her. The thing is that I leave to go on my year abroad in 3 months, so if we actually got to the point where we had a relationship it'd be long distance, and if we got in a relationship now then it wouldn't be much of a relationship because we'd be studying for exams. But I really like her! Should I at least talk to her about things and ask her why she's flirting with me etc.?
Reply 1
It's not worth it man. I'm going to assume that you're both girls. But that aside, you think a long term relationship will last with someone who can't make their mind up about you?
Reply 2
Original post by bottled
It's not worth it man. I'm going to assume that you're both girls. But that aside, you think a long term relationship will last with someone who can't make their mind up about you?

Yeah, you're right.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, you're right.

if you feel like pursuing her, be direct. don't just beat around the bush and hope she understands what you mean
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Should I at least talk to her about things and ask her why she's flirting with me etc.?

You knew what to do. P:
Even if you don't plan on getting together again, be direct about these kinds of things. There's nothing lost by knowing where you stand with someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending