The Student Room Group

Moving to a Big 4 for ACA? Possible?

I am currently studying AAT at a small firm of Chartered Accountants and plan to go on to do ACA with them. I ultimately plan to start working in London once I qualify but I was looking at jobs and a fair few say 'Big 4 trained only', which would of course mean I would not be able to apply for them.

There is a break in my contract between AAT and ACA which means I can leave without having to pay back any fees. I was just wondering about the possibility of moving to a big 4 to do ACA after doing AAT at a smaller firm.

I probably won't do it but I am just exploring the possibility. Is it possible to do this and will there really be any benefit? After all both options will mean I qualify and I'll be able to get good jobs on both routes. Obviously pay will be much better at big 4 too. What do you think?
Yes it is possible :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by abbasahmed786
Yes it is possible :biggrin:

Is that a sarcastic ':biggrin:' ?
Original post by Runninground
Is that a sarcastic ':biggrin:' ?

No
Reply 4
Original post by abbasahmed786
No

Ok good. I wasn't sure if you could get on a big 4 training scheme by being AAT qualified.
Original post by Runninground
I am currently studying AAT at a small firm of Chartered Accountants and plan to go on to do ACA with them. I ultimately plan to start working in London once I qualify but I was looking at jobs and a fair few say 'Big 4 trained only', which would of course mean I would not be able to apply for them.

There is a break in my contract between AAT and ACA which means I can leave without having to pay back any fees. I was just wondering about the possibility of moving to a big 4 to do ACA after doing AAT at a smaller firm.

I probably won't do it but I am just exploring the possibility. Is it possible to do this and will there really be any benefit? After all both options will mean I qualify and I'll be able to get good jobs on both routes. Obviously pay will be much better at big 4 too. What do you think?

If the reason you want to go to the Big 4 is for a better shot at getting into industry then why not skip the Big 4 altogether? Do your AAT then apply for training roles within the accounting functions of companies in your chosen industry. I bet many of them will offer CIMA. Depends on what you're interested in of course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending