The Student Room Group

If you could choose your GCSE options again...

Scroll to see replies

Would have loved to do german but that was not an option then but i would wish i had picked french instead of spanish ://///
Reply 41
Graphics for Business Studies
I'd probably swap Geography for French. I'd stick with History and maybe change my BTEC option from Media to PE or Health and Social.
Geography is terrible though.
Reply 43
I don't think I would have swapped any of my GCSEs I mean taking Art and Food tech together was a mistake from the sheer amount of controlled assessment/ coursework but it was what I had to work with at the time so I don't regret it. I hated all the language courses on offer so that wasn't right for me. So I suppose I don't regret any of my choices.
I wish I did art.. And computer science, and triple science. No idea why I picked history!

Posted from TSR Mobile
In our school we were allowed 3 optional subjects and I wanted to do German, Health & Social Care and Drama but the option blocks didn't allow me to do the three together so I had to take ICT instead of Drama. At the time I was so upset with the school for 'ruining my life' but as it happened I really enjoyed ICT and had a great class so it worked out for the best. If I was to choose now I would probably pick the same 3.
I would drop textiles and maybe change it to drama or ict. I am so bad at textiles, I'm not quite sure why I picked it, I think I just wanted a creative subject to have a variety. :s-smilie:
Reply 47
I wish i could have done computer science, i had already picked spanish and history, and the only other choices were something like geography, drama, art, music, a D&T and business studies, i picked the latter..
Reply 48
I think I'd scrap Science for Drama.
Original post by Emma:-)
For those who have done who are doing their gcse's
If you could choose your GCSE options again- what subjects would you change, and what gcse's do you wish you had done?

Would not do french
Reply 50
Seriously wish to have picked History instead of Geography. I have mixed feelings for Art, sometimes I wish I never picked it, most of the time I'm just glad I did since it's literally the only subject I'm good at. Wish I never had a choice to choose a language, hate them all! But if it was allowed, I'd pick Spanish instead of French.
Reply 51
I took History, Art and Sociology.

Instead of Art, I'd take French. I don't exactly regret taking Art but it was a lot of pressure I wasn't expecting (turns out I'm only good at drawing people and my teacher never set work on people, always abstract :s-smilie:). I relied solely on the coursework which I managed to finish, turned in about an hour's worth of work for the exam and managed to get a C. Got AA in History and Sociology though. :frown:
Reply 52
I don't think I'd have changed any of them tbh. I did French, geography, graphics and sociology and I enjoyed all of them. At times graphics was tough as I'm not a creative person but I didn't like any of the other subject options so I wouldn't have changed it.
Reply 53
I wish i did physics instead of Art. I'm fine with my other current subjects.
Definitely would not have taken music... the listening paper :frown:
Reply 55
In fairness I didn't do too badly in my GCSE exams but if I was to change them I would have definitely replaced my Music GCSE with Triple science, it would have prepared me better for AS and A level Biology and it would have been more interesting because music GCSE was a difficult one for me as I didn't have the talent so I had to work my socks off to get the grades that I did, which took up a lot of my time.

Also, I wouldn't have resat English Language...complete waste of time, I ended up with the same grade :P
Would definitely drop Geography
I chose BTEC media gcse ICT and gcse history

If I could choose again id change BTEC media to gcse business studies or sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Psychology and Sociology, without a doubt.
Reply 59
Would definitely not have taken geography, so boring. I think I would've preferred RE or German instead.

Quick Reply

Latest