The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Accommodation hall near to Haslegrave?

Hi,

I have applied for Information Management and Computing and wonder which accommodation hall is the best to choose, that is near to Computer Science department?

I have shortlisted Falk-Egg, Telford and Butler according to my budget and preference (self-catered/en suite).

I'd like to know some feedbacks on these three, and also welcome any other recommendations.

Appreciate any help.
Reply 1
Original post by fareth
Hi,

I have applied for Information Management and Computing and wonder which accommodation hall is the best to choose, that is near to Computer Science department?

I have shortlisted Falk-Egg, Telford and Butler according to my budget and preference (self-catered/en suite).

I'd like to know some feedbacks on these three, and also welcome any other recommendations.

Appreciate any help.

Don't worry about how close it is to the department. Everything is within walking/cycling distance on campus if you are choosing on-campus accommodation.

I've lived in Falk Egg, but that was back in 2008. It has been renovated since and re-opened October 2013.

Telford's quite nice as well, in the centre of village.

They are all good in their own right. It all depends on what you want at the end of the day.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
I'm a first year and currently live in Telford and I would really recommend it. It's right next to the library, it's in the village so central to everything and easy to get to everything and the overall atmosphere of the hall is great. I wouldn't worry too much about how close you are to buildings as there is a free campus bus and there is a bus stop right outside Haslegrave, but you may find it just as easy to walk there as it's less than a 10 minute walk from Telford if you did choose Telford.

Hope any of this information helps :-)
Original post by fareth
Hi,

Appreciate any help.

All of the halls are within a 10 minute walk of Haslegrave, but William Morris is probably the closest. For the Info. Management modules, you'll have lectures in either Central Park or East Park, but you'll probably have most Computer Science time in Haslegrave. Falk-Egg & Telford have just been refurbished, so they should be relatively nice!
Reply 4
Hi. Can you provide any pictures as I have learnt that it recently refurbished? Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by fareth
Hi. Can you provide any pictures as I have learnt that it recently refurbished? Thanks

Look at the "360 video" of each hall by clicking on it and you'll see the new pictures, i.e. a panarama.

Falk Egg

Telford
Reply 6
Original post by emilyleah
I'm a first year and currently live in Telford and I would really recommend it. It's right next to the library, it's in the village so central to everything and easy to get to everything and the overall atmosphere of the hall is great. I wouldn't worry too much about how close you are to buildings as there is a free campus bus and there is a bus stop right outside Haslegrave, but you may find it just as easy to walk there as it's less than a 10 minute walk from Telford if you did choose Telford.

Hope any of this information helps :-)

Hi there. Can u confirm if Telford has any ensuites? according to this table posted from another thread, it enlists ensuites room for Telford but I cant find them on their uni website info.

BHJxOn7.jpg

Thanks for the info on the bus :smile:

Original post by thenickoftime
All of the halls are within a 10 minute walk of Haslegrave, but William Morris is probably the closest. For the Info. Management modules, you'll have lectures in either Central Park or East Park, but you'll probably have most Computer Science time in Haslegrave. Falk-Egg & Telford have just been refurbished, so they should be relatively nice!

Thanks for the info. Are you taking Information Management as well?

Original post by hessajee
Look at the "360 video" of each hall by clicking on it and you'll see the new pictures, i.e. a panarama.

Falk Egg

Telford

Oh great! I thought the panorama picture is not updated with the newly refurbished room. Thanks!
Original post by fareth
Hi there. Can u confirm if Telford has any ensuites? according to this table posted from another thread, it enlists ensuites room for Telford but I cant find them on their uni website info.
BHJxOn7.jpg
Thanks for the info on the bus :smile:
Thanks for the info. Are you taking Information Management as well?
Oh great! I thought the panorama picture is not updated with the newly refurbished room. Thanks!

Telford doesn't have any en-suites any more. In 2013 Telford moved to what used to be called Village Court, which is all 4-6 bedroom standard flats. Faraday (a catered hall) took over the old Telford blocks. That table is a little outdated now.

I'm actually going into the 4th year of my Civil Engineering degree in September, so I've got a lot of experience of living in Loughborough. I was in halls for 2 years and I've been in a house this year, so any questions about either and I'll be more than happy to answer!
Reply 8
Original post by thenickoftime
Telford doesn't have any en-suites any more. In 2013 Telford moved to what used to be called Village Court, which is all 4-6 bedroom standard flats. Faraday (a catered hall) took over the old Telford blocks. That table is a little outdated now.

I'm actually going into the 4th year of my Civil Engineering degree in September, so I've got a lot of experience of living in Loughborough. I was in halls for 2 years and I've been in a house this year, so any questions about either and I'll be more than happy to answer!

Thanks for the reply. It seems like Telford is going to be it! Just worried about not having ensuite that is all. Will ask further if my scholarship is approved lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending