The Student Room Group

Girls reactions to being approached by guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by The pencil one
It's been almost 24 hours, answer my question.

Would the person say "white person"?
I want to know why he said Nigerian, what was the idiotic point?

:lol: Are you serious?
I didn't feel a need to respond to you because your comment, frankly, was a bit hilarious. Obviously some people agreed with me.
I don't know why - people will often mention another person's ethnicity if it isn't the same as theirs, or the same as the majority of the group. That's not uncommon. It does not mean he was insinuating anything about the guy's attractiveness. How is that not obvious to you... P:
Original post by ILovePancakes
Just say hi; make a comment about something that's happening.. A witty joke? Don't just ask for my number. Don't use a stupid chat up line. Be friendly.

Someone did this to me a few months ago. We now meet up and chat at least once a week.:smile: I have to say that I found it a bit odd, mind.
Original post by awe
:lol: Are you serious?
I didn't feel a need to respond to you because your comment, frankly, was a bit hilarious. Obviously some people agreed with me.
I don't know why - people will often mention another person's ethnicity if it isn't the same as theirs, or the same as the majority of the group. That's not uncommon. It does not mean he was insinuating anything about the guy's attractiveness. How is that not obvious to you... P:

It's not hilarious, it was serious and genuine matter. I mean, he didn't even say black, he said Nigerian....that's not common....
And for the record, I'm not black, I'm Asian and I'm fed up with the constant put down from you whites.

He's trying to stir **** up and he said it in a negative way and I don't care if people agreed with you.

Jokers.
Original post by OU Student
Someone did this to me a few months ago. We now meet up and chat at least once a week.:smile: I have to say that I found it a bit odd, mind.

But it worked :tongue:.

I would argue it's far better than what most guys deem appropriate..
Reply 104
It's not hilarious, it was serious and genuine matter. I mean, he didn't even say black, he said Nigerian....that's not common....
And for the record, I'm not black, I'm Asian and I'm fed up with the constant put down from you whites.

He's trying to stir **** up and he said it in a negative way and I don't care if people agreed with you.

Jokers.

o.o I think you are taking this in the wrong way. I understand you are feeling offended, but you really don't have to be on this one.

chill.jpg
It's been almost 24 hours, answer my question.

Would the person say "white person"?
I want to know why he said Nigerian, what was the idiotic point?

I said it because that was his nationality. The girl was english if you really want to know and i am ghanaian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if hes hot its flattering

if hes ugly its creepy
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I said it because that was his nationality. The girl was english if you really want to know and i am ghanaian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But why state his race? Does that make a difference? No apart from stirring **** up.

I don't care where you're from anymore, I'm more annoyed that you thought it was ok to state his race AND his country....how do you even know he's Nigerian?
Reply 108
Original post by awe
They didn't saying anything about whether he was hot or not, why are you assuming that because she said 'Nigerian' she is insinuating he was bad-looking?! :rolleyes:

Indeed what was the relevance at all of mentioning his nationality..
But why state his race? Does that make a difference? No apart from stirring **** up.

I don't care where you're from anymore, I'm more annoyed that you thought it was ok to state his race AND his country....how do you even know he's Nigerian?

I was having a conversation with him while i was with my friends. He then tried making a move on her and she rejected him because she has a boyfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by Zarek
Indeed what was the relevance at all of mentioning his nationality..

As I mentioned already, many people mention the nationality/ethnicity of others when it is not the same as theirs. Nothing is meant by it, usually. It's not the most pc thing to do, but nor is it done maliciously.
Reply 111
"Oh my god, a boy is COMMUNICATING WITH ME! Don't talk about cats!"
Reply 112
This thread is useless bs tbh
Original post by CarysMoo

Sounds just like me! LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarysMoo

But cats are awesome.
Original post by Stewie2011
The 'I have a boyfriend' is the most annoying phrase ever for a guy.

Then what do you want us to say?!?!

I have a boyfriend whom I love dearly and we have been together for three and a half years, but I've been told that guys hate being given the "I have a boyfriend" line, so have always been careful not to use it.

Anyway, there was a guy at uni who got chatting with me, I didn't have many friends and wanted to get to know people so agreed to swap numbers. A couple of weeks later, I mentioned in passing (it was relevant to the conversation) that my boyfriend was visiting that weekend, the guy did a double take, went all stroppy, and I haven't heard from him since.

What I've learned: guys don't like being told that girls have a boyfriend when they first start chatting to them, but they like it even less when they get told she has a boyfriend later on. So when exactly am I supposed to tell you that I'm in a relationship and not on the market?!?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Plumstone
Then what do you want us to say?!?!

I have a boyfriend whom I love dearly and we have been together for three and a half years, but I've been told that guys hate being given the "I have a boyfriend" line, so have always been careful not to use it.

Anyway, there was a guy at uni who got chatting with me, I didn't have many friends and wanted to get to know people so agreed to swap numbers. A couple of weeks later, I mentioned in passing (it was relevant to the conversation) that I my boyfriend was visiting that weekend, the guy did a double take, went all stroppy, and I haven't heard from him since.

What I've learned: guys don't like being told that girls have a boyfriend when they first start chatting to them, but they like it even less when they get told she has a girlfriend later on. So when exactly am I supposed to tell you that I'm in a relationship and not on the market?!?!

I Know yh, that line is a such a downer well most guys will just assume that you don't have a boyfriend if it doesn't come up during the conversation. If you are not willing to tell people you have a boyfriend that means the girl doesn't mind cheating so guys tend to assume and just play along until things started to get sexual.
I assume that most of the time you just need to get into a conversation in a social situation that isn't a club.
I remember my friend got approached my some random guy at a tube station and it's so funny it makes me cry. She went through the ticket barrier and he called her by saying "hey!"" Or something and said she looked like a model. Then when she turned around he lowered down his shades so she could see his eyes lmaoooo and he said he could give her his number and she was like "no thanks" and he kept asking her if she was sure. He also asked if she wanted to model for him lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luxray
I think the majority of girls like being approached by attractive nice guys. But when its an below-average/average looking, nice guy then they're like 'ew creep'

Pretty much true lmao but average looking guys are perfectly fine. It's the ugly weird ones that are creeps like the one who approached my friend...she said he looked like he was in his 30s as well..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending