The Student Room Group

If the west doesnt like Putin why dont they assassinate him, isnt that what israel do

If the west doesn't like Putin why dont they assassinate him, isnt that what israel does with their political enemies? Like for example what happened at the Dubai hotel allegedly done by Mossad? Or is the Israeli government a much more militarised government were assassinations by Mossad are more encouraged/allowed as a result of threats or violence?

Scroll to see replies

West assassinated Putin.
Russia get proof West assassinated Putin.
Russia impose sanctions (goodbye electricity i'll miss u).
Russia declare war due to act of aggression (if you're lucky Putin won't be replaced by a nutcase).
How would assassinating Putin help anything? It'll just result in another nutter taking over, plus it would elevate tensions massively and give Russia an excuse to escalate their aggressive foreign policy. Blaming Putin for this entire thing is really oversimplifying things.
Reply 3
Original post by brap man 420
West assassinated Putin.
Russia get proof West assassinated Putin.
Russia impose sanctions (goodbye electricity i'll miss u).
Russia declare war due to act of aggression (if you're lucky Putin won't be replaced by a nutcase).

So basically mossad assassinates whoever they want at Entebbe and in Dubai and calculate PFLP/Uganda/Hamas wont do anything apart from more hijackings or firing rockets into Israel? I thought Putin apparently rigged the last elections, thats why all the middle classes came out to protest it is not clear that the opposition would have an expansionist policy.
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
How would assassinating Putin help anything? It'll just result in another nutter taking over, plus it would elevate tensions massively and give Russia an excuse to escalate their aggressive foreign policy. Blaming Putin for this entire thing is really oversimplifying things.

I thought Putin apparently rigged the last elections, thats why all the middle classes came out to protest it is not clear that the opposition would have an expansionist policy.
Reply 5
Not as easy as it once was unfortunately for the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by hsv
If the west doesn't like Putin why dont they assassinate him, isnt that what israel does with their political enemies? Like for example what happened at the Dubai hotel allegedly done by Mossad? Or is the Israeli government a much more militarised government were assassinations by Mossad are more encouraged/allowed as a result of threats or violence?

[video="youtube;zlaK98w9jJE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlaK98w9jJE[/video]

I'll pass, thanks.
Because we do love the Tsar.
Reply 8
Original post by EricTCartman
They tried to assassinate Hitler, but he was so loved that when they tried to shoot him a huge wave of cheering supporters got in the way. I'm sorry but you hate Putin because the Jewish media tells you hate him. One thing the Jews are good at is vilifying people just watch planet of the Arabs. Putin is a great leader I'd rather fight for him than Askenazi Cameron.“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”― Malcolm X

Malcolm X was wrong.
Reply 9
The U.S. can't do that anymore. Reagan, pbuh, signed a law. It's illegal now.
What could possibly go wrong...
Reply 11
Original post by hsv

You do realise Israel is virtually a puppet for the USA. They do anything the US tell them, so any Mossad killings were most likely orchestrated by the US

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Oldcon1953
The U.S. can't do that anymore. Reagan, pbuh, signed a law. It's illegal now.

I can understand why at the time seeing as the USA was often replacing elected (or at least popular) left leaning leaders with fascist dictators.

However, it does strike me as bizarre that obviously evil leaders cannot be targeted. Instead we have to kill hundreds/thousands of their soldiers who may not be evil & through birth &/or misguided education are on the wrong side.

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking this! :confused:
Original post by Ciaran
You do realise Israel is virtually a puppet for the USA. They do anything the US tell them, so any Mossad killings were most likely orchestrated by the US

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao ye Isreal do everything the US tell them like build nuclear weapons
Reply 14
Original post by brap man 420
Lmao ye Isreal do everything the US tell them like build nuclear weapons

The US does everything Israel tells it. You mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hertz
The US does everything Israel tells it. You mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes was being sarcastic
And what would that achieve?

That's like assassinating Hitler, and not doing anything afterwards. (Gov't wise)
Reply 17
Assassinate Putin: Medvedev takes de facto control. He would probably declare war almost as soon as he finds out that it was an assassination attempt by the West.

That does make me worry a little that Medvedev could "do a Kirov" and be assassinated by someone who is then framed as a Western assassin (when in actual fact they're paid by Russia)... My inner conspiracy theorist is coming out again.
I think the assumption that Israel is this mad dog state which takes out people at will, is slightly well...false.
Reply 19
Original post by yo radical one
I think the assumption that Israel is this mad dog state which takes out people at will, is slightly well...false.

Yer a dog is a nice animal actually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending