The Student Room Group

Post offer deferring

Hello, I'm just wondering if it would be possible to defer an offer? I mean obviously I would have to ask the college but has anyone heard of it being done before?
Original post by excal9
Hello, I'm just wondering if it would be possible to defer an offer? I mean obviously I would have to ask the college but has anyone heard of it being done before?

I think it depends on your subject. I know gap years for Maths are discouraged in general. If the college only takes a couple of people per year for a subject, they might not be so keen because it would mean only one student in one year and then more in the year above, which could be awkward for teaching. By all means ask! I imagine if you have a reason (e.g. illness, or a once in a lifetime opportunity) they'd be more inclined to let you than if it was just that you'd changed your mind. Definitely ask, and explain why :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by excal9

It happens quite a lot - you just need agreement from the Admissions Tutor and the Director of Studies before they'll let you defer. Write an email to the Admissions Office, stating why you would like to defer and they'll let you know what you have to do and whether it's likely to be ok.
Reply 3
Thabks
Original post by excal9

I did it. So, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending