The Student Room Group

Anyone know of a pharmacy school who may accept transfer students for 2nd year?

I am utterly depressed at my current university and would really love to transfer. I love the course but the people here and the memories I've had here during my first year besiege my mind and hinder my capacity to process anything revision-related. I did brilliantly in my January exams but failed my dispensing exemption exam and don't have a good feeling about the actual one. I am not prepared for the summer exams at all and really would just love a fresh start. I can't afford to re-start from year 1 since I have already taken a gap year and it's become a race-against-time :frown:
Reply 1
It depends on the university you're at and the universities you're interested in.
It's rare to be able to transfer because universities teach the MPharm in different orders, and you might not have covered what's required for entry into another university's second year. Nobody on this website will be able to give you a conclusive answer because it very much depends on the individual universities' order of teaching and policies on transfers. You will need to contact any/all universities you're interested in.

I think this forum might benefit from a sticky post on this, if any mods are reading this. This question keeps being asked again and again and it's really the same for every case... people need to contact the universities. Nobody here can give them conclusive answers on it - only the universities. There aren't that many pharmacy schools... if geography is an issue, then use that to restrict who you contact... and if it's not an issue, contact them all. You could construct a straightforward, concise email to copy/paste to them all if needs be, just to see whether there are any circumstances in which they accept transfers.

Also to the OP, I failed one of my dispensing exams (for silly mistakes) which I'm retaking tomorrow. I don't know if it's the same sort of dispensing exam as you, but it's not the end of the world. I would also just try your best with the summer exams... you might do better than you think you will. It would be foolish to not take them... ok you might not do as well as you'd like, but there is a chance you might... if you drop out now with hopes to start again somewhere else... then you will never know if you were underestimating yourself... and you might feel better about things after exams are over. I would just try and ride it out a bit longer, see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending