The Student Room Group

Got interview after submitting AS results with 3 Bs?

has anyone got an interview from any medical schools after submitted 3 Bs on AS first year (predicting As second year) and scoring well on UKCAT?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by mbolomiti
has anyone got an interview from any medical schools after submitted 3 Bs on AS first year (predicting As second year) and scoring well on UKCAT?

Thank you

Take a look at this for 2014 entry: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2014_Entry :smile:
We advised a student in a similar situation last year. Some medical schools pay no attention to AS grades, preferring predicted A2 and GCSEs, as well as UKCAT. If you choose the medical schools wisely they shouldn't hold you back, providing you can get the A grades at A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Medicine.Mentoring
We advised a student in a similar situation last year. Some medical schools pay no attention to AS grades, preferring predicted A2 and GCSEs, as well as UKCAT. If you choose the medical schools wisely they shouldn't hold you back, providing you can get the A grades at A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you, i needed that... im a mature student and instead of missing a whole year i decided to go for AS exams this summer and only started preparing for the AS in Feb. just hoping next year will have nore months to get ready. still need to get the best marks this summer to allow me for the As in total A level. thanks again.
No problem. If you need anymore help feel free to get in touch, either on here or via our website.

All the best,
Medicine Mentoring
http://www.medicinementoring.co.uk
Reply 5
Original post by mbolomiti

Thank you

As long as you can get predicted 3A's it shouldn't be a big deal, most unis seem to not look much at as levels. If you have good gcses look at leicester or Edinburgh have a whole separate set of rules for mature students so maybe take a look at that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending