The Student Room Group
Oh my god there are literally loads, look on legal 500 ... firms such as BLP, Eversheds, Clyde & Co, etc etc ... there are literally loads you could apply to I could go on all week but you need to do your own research and decide who you like!
Reply 3
Its pretty much impossible to suggest law firms to apply to when have no idea what sort of law you'd like to do, what size firms you want to apply to etc. If your sole criteria is having your fees paid for, then you are going to struggle come application time.

The firms you've mentioned are a real mix so its difficult to understand from that selection what you're aiming for.

I suggest that you think carefully about what has made you want to be a lawyer. What sort of law do you want to do? Why do you want to go to the City? Why do you want to do corporate law? What aspects of the law interest you? Once you've got answers to those questions, sit down with Legal 500 and start reading up on the various firms. After that look at online magazines such as Legalweek and The Lawyer. The RollonFriday link is a relatively helpful (if somewhat out of date) summary too.

Chalks
chalks
The RollonFriday link is a relatively helpful (if somewhat out of date) summary too.

http://www.lawcareers.net/

Very helpful site when it comes to selecting firms.
The vast majority of the larger firms will pay your fees and give you a maintenance grant, so its pretty standard.
Kirrin
I know my A-Levels aren't good enough for Magic Circle firms,

Not true, there have been many applicants that have been successful at magic circle firms who have achieved ABB (and even less than that).
Also, I may be wrong, but i don't think magic circle firms specify what A-level grades they want their applicants to have achieved (unlike some firms), they do say that they want people that are on course to achieve a 2:1 or higher.
If you have performed well at university (like you have) and feel you would like to work at a magic circle firm and feel that you can submit a good application, then you shouldn't hesitate to apply if your only problem is with your A-level grades.
They normally say 340 ucas points, which is AAB. Alot say 300 though which is BBB. And anyway, a good degree (64%+ average) should be enough to compensate.
London, possibly MC but more likely an american/strong City firm with yea, some international links ... but holding out for MC or like a top top firm though as I know how competitive they are, but I feel i have a shot.

Latest

Trending

Trending