The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On a school trip abroad the teachers took us to the pub and told us we could drink. One girl got practically paraletic and had to be carried back by the teachers, she vomitted all over herself and the teachers (hehehe, sorry I'm not condoning this but if you knew the teacher!) and then had to be showered by a teacher. She had to sleep in their room as well, and when she got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo she ended up walking into the room of our guide and going in his loo.
Anyway, she got suspended for a week (despite the fact that otherwise she was a goody goody student) and that was just on a school trip. But the techers told us we could drink though I think suspending her was a bit harsh!
Reply 21
obviously you would be in trouble at school for being drunk or bringing in alcohol, but legally can you be punished for turning up drunk if you're not violent or disturb anyone? They could probably send you home, but legally can you be punished?
One girl when I was in Year 11 came in drunk, she got sent home, no other punishment. I know other girls have come in after smoking cannabis in the morning, teachers didn't find out though and they only stayed for one lesson (Drama) was quite funny though.
Reply 23
my friends got drunk during their free periods once in school, and got suspended for the rest of the day... lol. Now thats what you call a real punishment.
belle_27
In year 11 someone dared someone else to drink a bottle of vodka before they came to school, so they did! All that happened was that they got majorly told off by the head of year but because they drunk the alcohol off-site she couldn't actually punish her.

But if you were caught with alcohol on you or were caught drinking in school you'd be expelled. Even some people caught smoking in the toilets were suspended for a day.

NO way did she drink a bottle of Vodka and not have to get her stomach pumped or similar.
Reply 25
^^ depends on the size of the bottle!
No, I plan on drinking a bit of vodka before I get my results, and the rest after - both offsite. That way I'll be able to actually get my results (I've got this vision of me standing there just not opening the envelope!) AND celebrate with my mates who are all going to the park afterwards and getting drunk as skunks.
Reply 27
We've brought in a tupperware of angel delight with half a bottle of Baileys in it into college. Even spilt it in chemistry and the teacher didn't turn a hair. It made the lab smell of booze, so I'm sure he knew what we were doing. We all had the afternoon off, so we ate it at lunchtime on college site.
I've drunk alcohol in college lots, turning up to lesson with an obvious smell of it on my breath (and on the occasion of St.Paddy's Day, with Guiness on my clothes, hahah). None of my teachers have said anything.
Reply 29
Our school panto was amusing. It was put on by my year in year 13. Got tere a 6 in the morning for a rehersal and was handed an orange juice....downed it and realised it was vodka orange. By 7 we were all drunk. One of my friends went to tell the teachers, just as she walked out they came in...all carrying beers. Twas so so funny. We used real vodka in all our panto bar scenes too. Other than that you'd get in trouble I'd imagine.
Reply 30
A guy in my form got permanantly excluded this year for being drunk & stoned and swearing at a teacher. He already had a record and one more incident was going to get him excluded. At lunchtime, he went home with a few of his friends, got drunk and stoned and then decided to come back into school (i think he was planning to stay at home). He was sitting in Geography (not my class, this is just what my friend said) and the teacher was pregnant. Lots of kids were asking what she was going to call her baby and he shouted out 'Why dont you call it d**k head?'. Apparently the room fell silent and then everyone was laughing and he got sent out. The room is next door to Upper school office and loads of teachers came out, and took him to the head. Excluded on that day.

Im not sure if the school can legally punish you for being drunk, but its also in my school's Code of Conduct. I suppose ur also more likely to do stupid things while being drunk, proven by that boy. Hehehe. I would have liked to have to seen that actually. :smile:
Reply 31
We can get expelled for having cigarretes on us! Or even paracetomol (sp?) can supposidly cause problems.
Reply 32
Hey,
A few people in my school got drunk on sports day, one kid started puking everywhere, the principal got involved, and everyone who even touched the bottle (of vodka) got expelled permanantly, though they were allowed to do their final exams, it was a month before the finals. So do not do it! Even if you wouldn't get into trouble, don't do it, why waste a day of school like that...yes it can be boring, and seem like a waste of time, but if you start using alcohol to have fun during school, you never know where its going to end you up.
i was drunk in a french lesson once.. First time i've ever found french interesting/funny :redface: :wink:
People sneaked in booze to our y11 prom..was very funny! Loads of people were drunk but none of the teachers noticed/said anything. I'll never look at panda pop in the same way again! :biggrin:
Reply 35
I don't think I knew of anyone who turned up to school properly drunk... At the time I would have never considered doing it either. But now . . after a year of uni (which has turned me into a partial alcoholic)... if I was like that then... then I might well have done lol.

I think my old school would have punished for both having alcohol or being drunk.
Reply 36
When I was in year 9, two girls in my class got drunk at lunchtime and got sent home, I don't know how much trouble they got in though
Humiliation is usually punishment enough for the lemon flavored alcopop soaked hooligans which used to inhabit my High School. Since i seem to be stuck in a reminiscing mode tonight i might as well recall one story less than flattering to our little academic golden girl.

Ok, i'll summarize instead. Girl gets drinks. Girl gets drunk. Girl gets violent. *dramatic pause* Head banging on tables, the devouring of clothing, and erotic groans and screams followed. It sufficed to say that getting drunk at School wasn't such the widespread issue it used to be, after her little ... incident. Yey, go Peer Pressure. Actually providing a positive reaction for once. :smile:
Reply 38
At high school, it was very much an 'in thing' to bring alcohol into the premesis and drink it on the sly. On the few occasions I do remember drunken people (namely in RE and French) - it did lead to them being found out. However the consequences were never much more than isolation (I really do wish I was put on that more often, great fun!).

At college, seeing people with a hangover is a regular sight - particulary in 9am monday lessons. The response to which is usually kind consideration. This of course does depend a great deal on the lecturer. I remember the closing line for my AS Law intro lesson; "even if your hungover, come in anyway. Despite your state, its likely that you'll take some of it in".

Although bringing alco onto the site is prohibited, it is regulary done and rarely punished when found out. I myself have even used it during exam times to calm nerves and relax. Drunken people in lessons are only removed if they're causing a disturbence - otherwise they're fine and usually teased by the lecturer.

College is SO much more relaxed than high school! :biggrin:
Reply 39
Currently 15 and never touched alcohol before and am reasonably smart at school got wasted at school , like WASTED. took 14 units of white rum in one go, didn't go down to well and was found by teachers in the toilets throwing up, was carried to the toilet, spent most of the day in a wheelchair. Currently at home. What punishments should I expect? How common is this?:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending