The Student Room Group

Irritation after shaving

I shave my lady parts, but afterwards my knickers rub against my skin and cause really bad irritation. What can I do to stop this? (except stopping shaving)
Any part of the body can become irritated after shaving - try something like this

http://www.nivea.co.uk/products/mens-care/originals/Rehydrating-Moisturiser

(I know it's for men, but hey, moisturiser is moisturiser :P)
Reply 3
I can't actually use Nivea products because I'm allergic to something they use in their products! But I'm assuming anything like that would be fine?
Original post by Anonymous
I shave my lady parts, but afterwards my knickers rub against my skin and cause really bad irritation. What can I do to stop this? (except stopping shaving)

I know it sounds a bit weird but Vaseline is good for this. It creates a moisture barrier, so that the skin is kept hydrated, and also reduces friction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It gets easier after a while. Once you shave for a few months straight you get used too it. And you never notice it catching. Well atleast I haven't. Unless I have issues. Or very soft underwear :tongue:
Use shaving cream.
Original post by Anonymous

I don't know if it's relevant, but facial hair is much much easier to remove if you shave it off in the shower.
Reply 8
just let it grow wild?
Use a blowtorch and hammer to shave it off. Thank me later, Swag Daddy. x-o-x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
My face is sensitive, in the end I went with trimming instead (beard trimmers don't just work on beards). But things that made it better which I assume apply to all body parts:

Shower
Exfoliate
get out shower
rub in gel/cream in circular motion
shave with a good quality razor (never looked into it but I'd bet men's razors are better than disposable pink ones so consider getting a mach 3 or similar) with blades replaced often
shave with the grain of the hair (which would be downways in front, inways underneath I think)
only go over each area once
be firm but don't press it into your skin
rinse off
use tea tree (cheaper just to get oil and use a few drops than products)
moisturise after a minute or so
Reply 11
Well if its ur first couple of times shaving then its bound to irritate you just like it did with me and with my friends too, it will calm down after a while, I'm only 15 and I shave every 3 days or so and I don't feel irritated. However when I first started shaving at the age of 12 it was constantly itching me and I found out that it was normal because its new hair and its never before been shaved so yeah it will stop soon x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Replace your shaving heads because they might be blunt. Also, the after feeling of a waxed vagina feels amazing. :3

Quick Reply

Latest