The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel S1 S14 (UK R + IAL ) Model Answers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Will you put the fp1 mark scheme up?
Hey Arsey, a few questions if you wouldn't mind asking..

3f) I just subbed in 2,500,000 into the -467.2+0.74v - how many marks will I lose?
6b) I used 30 and 55 rather than 29 and 54, which my teacher said was right as it's not the 29th value.. I used the correct method and got 75.2? Will I lose just one mark?
This obviously altered d but got me the same summary so will I lose just one mark there too?
7c) I used the correct method entirely, but I didn't use 0.0528 i used 0.05 from my percentage points and ended up getting 173.something.. Really annoyed I lost marks from that, but I was thinking 2 loss? What do you think?

Thanks,
Matt
69/75!:biggrin: Won't make up for C2 though :angry:
Are these answers definitely correct? 172.96 seems a bit too small for h (7c)
Reply 44
Original post by tabmax22
Hi Arsey, for question 7C the one about normal distribution (finding h), I foolishly forgot to standardise h and simply wrote that h = 1.62. How many marks would I lose out of 5?

Probably get 3. M1 lost for not standardising. And A1 lost for the answer
Reply 45
If on the box plot you draw 3 whiskers, one for the lowest value , one for highest value and one for upper outlier boundary, do you lose any marks?
Reply 46
I notice that for the first question, you initially got Q3 wrong, but then went back to change it. This affected your skewness answer, which you also changed. I did the same thing as you, but neglected to change my answer to the skewness question.

I effectively wrote:

Greenslax - Negatively correlated, as:
Q2 - Q1 > Q3 - Q2
24 > 12

Do you think I'd lose anything for that?
I think it should be 61 for an A again the first few were easier than normal with the calculations nicely split up for you with you getting a seperate question for E(X) and E(X^2) and a question on just calculating B but the probability and normal distribution were harder than usual but not unlike past papers.How many marks will I lose on parts c and d for doing subtraction wrong and get 1.6P(B)=0.22 and thus P(B)=0.1375 can't remember all my answers but that looks to be my only mistake but they still worked out as independent when I did it.
so annoying i thought the biscuit thing was given that it was k, only thing i got wrong i think, would that lose all 3?
Could you please do this for fp1?
Is there something like error carrying as I calculate wrong on question 7a but correct method on question 7c??
Original post by Lennie4Life
Are these answers definitely correct? 172.96 seems a bit too small for h (7c)

Nope, its the right answer! If you look at part 2 hardly any of the women are over 180 (close to 0)
Mis-read 6a and thought they gave the 0-30 not 30-60... so annoying. Same width though so maximum of 2 marks lost there. Looks like i got everything else though
Original post by Darkwarrior23
Nope, its the right answer! If you look at part 2 hardly any of the women are over 180 (close to 0)

Would i be penalised for writing 173?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Would i be penalised for writing 173?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so... it would be best if you found 172.96 then rounded answer to 173 as final answer...so examiner can see you rounded.
Arsey for the last question, If i were to put 'Given that P(A|B) = 0.6 and P(A) = 0.6 , they are statistically independent' would it be enough to gain the full 2 marks?
61/75-C1
64/75-C2
57/75-S1

Any chance this could be an A?
might of just about scraped a C. I think I got a high D/low C... Need to work really hard for C3 and C4 :frown: And I haven't even started past papers for C4...
Original post by Shady778
61/75-C1
64/75-C2
57/75-S1

Any chance this could be an A?

Yes that should be an A about 81%
I don't think grade boundaries will go high (hopefully)... Well done btw
Original post by imconfused
Yes that should be an A about 81%
I don't think grade boundaries will go high (hopefully)... Well done btw

:smile: thank you :smile:

Quick Reply