The Student Room Group

Too young to be pregnant

Okay so I'm having a major panic right now and I'm scared I might be pregnant.
I always take my pill near enough on time everyday when I am meant to.
I have already had my period (which came at the normal time like a week or so ago) however I have now had some bleeding even though I am currently taking the pill again and I'm pretty sure I'm not meant to be bleeding whilst taking it! It's been about 2 weeks since my last sexual encounter but I'm just super scared because I'm only 18 and really don't want to be going through this while I'm still undertaking my a levels as it is extra stress.
Please someone put me out my misery and tell me what is happening.
(just to round that up: on the pill, had bleeding less than 2 weeks after my period, have had sex in the past 2 weeks) HELP :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I'm having a major panic right now and I'm scared I might be pregnant.
I always take my pill near enough on time everyday when I am meant to.
I have already had my period (which came at the normal time like a week or so ago) however I have now had some bleeding even though I am currently taking the pill again and I'm pretty sure I'm not meant to be bleeding whilst taking it! It's been about 2 weeks since my last sexual encounter but I'm just super scared because I'm only 18 and really don't want to be going through this while I'm still undertaking my a levels as it is extra stress.
Please someone put me out my misery and tell me what is happening.
(just to round that up: on the pill, had bleeding less than 2 weeks after my period, have had sex in the past 2 weeks) HELP :frown:

Ok how long have you been on the pill? Its normal to have bleeding within the first few months when you're not supposed too.

Second, if you have been taking it religiously you are very unlikely to be pregnant :smile:

Thirdly, if you are worried, take a test it'll pick up the pregnancy hormone now

Finally, if I've read that correctly you've had a period since having sex so even more unlikely.

Try not to worry because you do have exams, and you don't want this to take over. You won't be pregnant because the pill is very very effective, you might just have irregular bleeding from the stress your feeling, or it could be an odd month.

I hope I've helped and good luck to you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you've been taking the Pill religiously, chances of you being pregnant are very small, and bleeding on the Pill is common :smile:

If you are ​pregnant, it isn't the end of the world :smile:
It could be spotting (irregular bleeding between periods), which is common when taking hormonal contraceptives, especially within the first few months or so of starting them. If you've taken the pill correctly and haven't missed any it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest