The Student Room Group

Trouble with proving estrangement of my farther

Hi,

I'm going to university this September, and will have to apply as an independent student.

My mother died in March of this year and she had been separated from my dad since 2012. I have had little to no contact with my farther since then. However, I'm having difficulty proving this estrangement from my father. I didn't see a doctor about the issue at the time, I don't have a social worker, I wasn't in sixth form college at the time (I completed my A levels in 2010, my parents split in 2012) and I don't have a solicitor who knows about the situation. Who is there that I could get to sign a cover letter to prove my situation?

The only people who've really been there for me are my managers at work, but SFE have said that probably wouldn't be adequate because the professional who validates my claim needs to 'be of a certain status'. I live in rural Cumbria where if this kinda thing happens you don't really see any 'high status' professionals about it (unless you're at school or something at the time).

Any advice?

EDIT: *father sorry for the typo
(edited 9 years ago)
A "Little" contact will be enough to disqualify your claim for estrangement I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending