The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="GrandMasti;49111849"]
Original post by Sarah Bethany

Paper 1: League of Nations, Hitler's foreign policy, Origins of the Cold War
Paper 2: The Roaring 20's, Hitler's Germany, The USA and Vietnam :wink:

We did some of the League of Nations one as well just because my teacher decided we need that background info :/
Aw your paper 2 topics look so much more interesting! I didn't like most of the Russia topics..it's all 'people were rounded up and shot' -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you did better than you think you did :smile:
Guessing you prefer arts/humanities??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nopeee :P!
Chemistry, Biology, Geography,RS:P
I only like these :P
I got an A in Maths at the start of year 11 but didnt really bother with further maths :frown:
Original post by Marcusroye98
Nopeee :P!
Chemistry, Biology, Geography,RS:P
I only like these :P
I got an A in Maths at the start of year 11 but didnt really bother with further maths :frown:

Ahh haha :P
What A levels are you taking??

Posted from TSR Mobile
15 A*s, but I'll be ****** off if I achieve 14A*s and 1A
Ahh haha :P
What A levels are you taking??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology, Chemistry, Geology and Geography wbu?:P
Original post by BlueGangsta

How many gcse's did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mobbsy91
Hi - I know you really want to know about how you think you did, but honestly the best thing to do is not to worry about them or think about them! You've done all you can, and the examiner will consider each paper as it's own. You may have done something totally different and amazing to everyone else, and no one else may have thought about that. Especially with English, it is really hard to be able to judge how you've done - I thought I would be ending with CC at the most, but I did much better. Please just believe in yourself, and don't worry about what others have done, it'll just make you worry more!

hm yeah i suppose you're right, hopefully if all else fails they may award me some marks for originality!:tongue: thank you, you've calmed me down a bit! fingers crossed i do better than i think because i really don't want to disappoint myself or my lovely teacher!
I am extremely nervous about this but am mainly about one subject, History! I love it so much and dont want to let my teachers down but mainly myself because I know how hard I worked for it! I reallyyyyyy want an A*! I've literally only been thinking about History so havent even had a chance to think about the others! I keep forgetting about German! I'm targetted a B but God knows if that'll happen! Already got a B in Eng Lang. Already got a C in Maths but re took although I think I will get a C again. Oh my God I just want to know what I got right now!:confused:
Original post by C_lyricall0ve
I am extremely nervous about this but am mainly about one subject, History! I love it so much and dont want to let my teachers down but mainly myself because I know how hard I worked for it! I reallyyyyyy want an A*! I've literally only been thinking about History so havent even had a chance to think about the others! I keep forgetting about German! I'm targetted a B but God knows if that'll happen! Already got a B in Eng Lang. Already got a C in Maths but re took although I think I will get a C again. Oh my God I just want to know what I got right now!:confused:

What exam board did you do for history? I did AQA B. And what exam board for German? I did edexcel!
Original post by BlueGangsta

For your sake, I hope your joking.
Original post by gemmax6x
What exam board did you do for history? I did AQA B. And what exam board for German? I did edexcel!

I did edexel German too:facepalm: there was about ten of us when I did foundation, and we had card that said I cannot hear the CD, so like a rebell I held it up at the end, even the invidulator was laughing !!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Khaliah
I did edexel German too:facepalm: there was about ten of us when I did foundation, and we had card that said I cannot hear the CD, so like a rebell I held it up at the end, even the invidulator was laughing !!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahahaha! i did higher listening and reading and oh god, i'm dreading the results of them- the listening was pretty much impossible to keep up with!
OMG I am freaking out tbh i have so many nightmares about my grades i don't know what i am going to do on results day!?!?!?When i think about them like right now generally, i start to turn all red and i get a stupid adrenaline rush and it's like i have been running a mile. All you peeps jus pray for me and everyone to get good results that they desire because life depends on them...TOUGH LIFE!
How...and why...do you guys wake up so early? :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am abroad at the moment :biggrin:
Original post by BeeBuzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because my mum wakes me before she goes to work and expects us to have done things..........

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Bethany;49111405" Sarah="Sarah"]
Original post by GrandMasti

Yeah, they seem to be a lot more than just maths! I quite liked them though - managed to get a few golds and through to the olympiad/kangaroo a couple of times and we did the senior one as well as the intermediate one this year :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did those too! I only got worse each year I think though haha
In year 9 I did best in school and did the kangaroo one (which I failed)
Then in year 10 I got gold but didn't qualify and this year I only got a silver, ah well :biggrin:
Damn, all these screwed up quotes are hurting me </3
Original post by CaitlinStevens
There have been articles in the newspaper saying that schools should be prepared for lower grades this year, gcse-wise. This is probably due to our exam system changing, meaning that we take all of our exams at the end of the summer - in our case, this was June 2014. As we are the first school year to do our exams in this way, I was wondering if grade boundaries would be lowered slightly? I understand that the purpose of making the exams linear was to get a larger variety of results, along with the opportunity to distinguish the 'bright' from the 'not so bright'. But, given that this is the first year for that change to take place, will the Government be slightly generous with regards to results?

I really hope that they DO take this into consideration and lower the grade boundaries !!

Latest