The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yellowcopter
You probably don't have any other B grades, or for all you know you may get A or even A* in French. :tongue:

Good luck. :biggrin:

LOL thats very unlikely :biggrin: who needs languages anyway ¬_¬ good luck to you too!
Reply 381
Does anyone know what date is the GCSE results day?
Original post by guru99
Does anyone know what date is the GCSE results day?

21st August. (7 weeks away!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
21st August. (7 weeks away!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg no don't remind me! My bday is 20thAugust as well.. For my birthday all what I'll be doing is panicking! Argh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how I feel. I'm not excited at all but at the same time I'm not dreading it. I will have 11 final grades, of which I already know 2 because I did them in Year 10. I got B in RE and Physics and this was pretty much without revision.

I also got B overall in English Language but I resat that however if I get lower this time I'll still keep the B. The reason I only got a B was because I, somehow, got a D in the actual exam. My coursework brought it up to a B. I was getting A's in the mocks though so I think I'm capable. But I really didn't revise for it this time around because English Language is just not my hottest subject. At all.

One thing which is annoying is that my mom is always going on about how I am going to get A's. How embarrassing will it be if I don't get those results? I want at least 5 out of the 9 new final grades to be A. If not, I know why, I didn't take GCSEs seriously. I don't think anyone does really. Not until they are finished.

Tbch GCSE results aren't as important as you'd imagine. you need 5 A*-C grades to get into college and if you're interested in, say Biology, you're generally going to do well at GCSE and be able to study it at college. As long as you have a C in maths and english, you're fine for a job until you start your career. So no need to panic, although studying subjects at GCSE for 2 years to end up with a B/C would really disappoint me
(edited 9 years ago)
I had my sixthform induction day - really nervous about results now :frown:
Now it's like one and a half months away? Oh dear. When I just finished the exams I was desperate to find out what grades I would get, I looked through all the unofficial mark schemes available as well as the exam discussion threads. I hated we had to wait so long for results day. But now I just hope that day would never come haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came on here to show this to my sister that she's not the only person freaking out about GCSE results. Proved her right again. :smile:
Guys, relax! The exams are over, and are currently being marked by examiners! Enjoy your holidays, because A Levels are not fun at all - I just did my AS Levels, all of them in June. But I wish you all good luck, and I know from experience that they didn't go as bad as you feel; I was convinced I failed all of mine, but ended up adding 3A*, 6A and a C to my 2A* and a B I got in Year 12 (11 for anyone in English schools; I'm from N.I.) Not bad for a girl who barely revised because I still don't know how to revise (Warning: getting up at 4am the day of your exam 4 times in one week kills you. Seriously. Don't do it.) And my B was in Maths and my C in Additional Maths, and I will never need them.
Anyway, good luck! I'm sure you all did grand!
Original post by CescaD96
I came on here to show this to my sister that she's not the only person freaking out about GCSE results. Proved her right again. :smile:
Guys, relax! The exams are over, and are currently being marked by examiners! Enjoy your holidays, because A Levels are not fun at all - I just did my AS Levels, all of them in June. But I wish you all good luck, and I know from experience that they didn't go as bad as you feel; I was convinced I failed all of mine, but ended up adding 3A*, 6A and a C to my 2A* and a B I got in Year 12 (11 for anyone in English schools; I'm from N.I.) Not bad for a girl who barely revised because I still don't know how to revise (Warning: getting up at 4am the day of your exam 4 times in one week kills you. Seriously. Don't do it.) And my B was in Maths and my C in Additional Maths, and I will never need them.
Anyway, good luck! I'm sure you all did grand!

That was basically what I did! During my exams I only slept for 5 hours a day on average and had to get up at 6am on the days of my history and physics exams. I had 3 cups of tea every day to make myself stay awake:biggrin: In the end the exams went well but going through them was horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WinterWind
That was basically what I did! During my exams I only slept for 5 hours a day on average and had to get up at 6am on the days of my history and physics exams. I had 3 cups of tea every day to make myself stay awake:biggrin: In the end the exams went well but going through it was horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE History? Didn't revise for and got an A*, only losing 8 marks. So proud of myself.
I did Double Award and Physics was my last exam, after having 17, and i was that unbothered I glanced at my book an hour before the exam and got a C on the paper. Whoops. Got AA overall though.
Yes, tea. Tea is my saviour. Definitely was when I was up studying for my Politics papers.
Anybody count what they thought they got in each exam to compare on grade boundaries day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE History? Didn't revise for and got an A*, only losing 8 marks. So proud of myself.
I did Double Award and Physics was my last exam, after having 17, and i was that unbothered I glanced at my book an hour before the exam and got a C on the paper. Whoops. Got AA overall though.
Yes, tea. Tea is my saviour. Definitely was when I was up studying for my Politics papers.

You must be very good at essay subjects! I was told by my teacher that I got a B in my history coursework during my exams (so disturbing:frown: counting on moderation now. I believe I deserve more than just a B as I've been getting A*s since yr10.) I was very disappointed because I wanted to study it at uni, so I told myself I must do well in the exams but ended up getting up early in the morning for last minute revision. Dear dear dear.
I prefer tea to coffee. It once gave me a headache right before the exam started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You must be very good at essay subjects! I was told by my teacher that I got a B in my coursework during my exams (so disturbing:frown: counting on moderation now. I believe I deserve more than just a B as I've been getting A*s since yr10.) I was very disappointed because I wanted to study it at uni, so I told myself I must do well in the exams but ended up getting early in the morning for last minute revision. Dear dear dear.
I prefer tea to coffee. It once gave me a headache right before the exam started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to be good at essay based subjects, I do 4 now for A Level!
I plan to study history at uni as well, and from my research, they care more about your A Level History grade than your gcse one, so don't worry if it is a B. But then, it'll still feel a bit crap if it is cause it does sound like you deserve an A*.
Tea over coffee any day :smile:
I have to be good at essay based subjects, I do 4 now for A Level!
I plan to study history at uni as well, and from my research, they care more about your A Level History grade than your gcse one, so don't worry if it is a B. But then, it'll still feel a bit crap if it is cause it does sound like you deserve an A*.
Tea over coffee any day :smile:

Thanks:biggrin: I could never manage 4 essay-based A-levels, I'll be doing two only, history and RS. What A Levels are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks:biggrin: I could never manage 4 essay-based A-levels, I'll be doing two only, history and RS. What A Levels are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do History, Politics, English Lit, and Religious Studies (we call it RE here). It's not that bad, just a load of essays. What else do you plan to do?
I do History, Politics, English Lit, and Religious Studies (we call it RE here). It's not that bad, just a load of essays. What else do you plan to do?

maths and economics:smile: I'm quite interested in economic history:biggrin: Also the best way to avoid being overwhelmed with essays lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
maths and economics:smile: I'm quite interested in economic history:biggrin: Also the best way to avoid being overwhelmed with essays lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths:frown: You need an A at gcse to be allowed to do it for A Level. No exceptions. And econmics isn't even offered
Maths:frown: You need an A at gcse to be allowed to do it for A Level. No exceptions. And econmics isn't even offered

Oh dear:eek: I remembered in Yr10 I was convinced that I would be doing sciences at sixth form, but after going through Yr11 I'm only going to keep maths now:tongue: and try to avoid the rest as much as possible:rolleyes:
Oh dear:eek: I remembered in Yr10 I was convinced that I would be doing sciences at sixth form, but after going through Yr11 I'm only going to keep maths now:tongue: and try to avoid the rest as much as possible:rolleyes:

Aw, what went wrong with the sciences?
Original post by thechemistress
Aw, what went wrong with the sciences?

We had new teachers for sciences in Yr11 and they were very inexperienced - there was little teaching and I got so bored. I ended up memorising the revision guides during Easter holiday. It was a nightmare:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest