The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matalyst
Yeah the listening exam and I'm thinking the same as you, it seems unlikely but oh well I don't plan on pursuing music in the future (I don't mind playing but I hate listening and composing)

Hahah I wish I was good at playing! I'm grade 6 on bass trombone but the school didn't have one so I had to relearn the piece without triggers on a reg. trombone! Which exam board where you? If you were edexcel (in which case the best of luck to you) what themes did you base your composition around? I did a big band overture 'for a theatrical piece about blahdiblah' and then an African fusion :smile: (both A*)
Original post by AudiophileSam
Each day seems to go by slower

Yep. :moon:
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Cambridge, LSE or UCL here. XD Of course, primarily Cambridge!
I no longer have my Ruby game card :frown: and it was my favourite. :frown:
Oh gosh, my hand-eye coordination is quite embarrassing, I can't play tennis very well! XD

:eek: I also lost my Ruby game card a long time ago! I still have Sapphire, though :biggrin:. Are you by any chance going to get Omega Ruby?
It's nice to see that there will be fellow trainers at Cambridge (hopefully) :wink:. What are you planning on studying?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PointDexter
OMD
I feel exactly the same but I keep thinking that I worked really hard for my subjects although I might have made minor mistakes in some of my papers the very minimum I deserve are decent/good grades.
I am sure you'll agree(wanting to be a Doctor) with the effort you've put into this...you deserve good grades.

Exactly!! I want to be able to get the grades i deserve for the amount of effort i put it :/ i'm just...blah at the moment. I'll feel more excited when the days close in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Each day seems to go by slower

I know the feeling mate what grades are you predicted? BTW cool headphones
Anyone know when the grade boundaries are gonna be released?
Original post by PrimeLime
:eek: I also lost my Ruby game card a long time ago! I still have Sapphire, though :biggrin:. Are you by any chance going to get Omega Ruby?
It's nice to see that there will be fellow trainers at Cambridge (hopefully) :wink:.

I'm not sure! I'm going to be really busy at A-level because I'm thinking of doing five subjects or an EPQ+four A-levels plus I'm learning French atm. :frown: I'll have to find time for it though; Pokémon is life! :cool:
Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
I think I'm doomed, haven't decided subjects and which sixth form to actually go to! :O
Original post by Archaeologist

I'm guessing a day or two before results day. A-level grade boundaries were released yesters
I know the feeling mate what grades are you predicted? BTW cool headphones

4 A*s an A and 5cs. You

Haha cheers they're momentums

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2743928

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure! I'm going to be really busy at A-level because I'm thinking of doing five subjects or an EPQ+four A-levels plus I'm learning French atm. :frown: I'll have to find time for it though; Pokémon is life! :cool:
Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
I think I'm doomed, haven't decided subjects and which sixth form to actually go to! :O

Come to our sixth form! LOL. No, seriously don't, we really don't have many options to chose from... Do you know what subject you're gonna study at uni?
I have vowed not to do an EPQ. I don't think I need one for my course and I can see the months of extreme stress ahead of me. I don't really want that, I just wanna do my favourite subjects :biggrin:.
EPQ is great if you do it well though.
4 A*s an A and 5cs. You

Haha cheers they're momentums

Those are excellent grades im predicted an A in Astronomy

Im guessing you're a sound perfectionist?
Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
I know the exam boards,but some of them I don't understand. How do you know what to revise? The specification is way too long on the internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The spec gives you everything you need to know for the exam, so really, at this stage, you can only use them to see what you need to know... Once you've been to taught it you could use them as a way to revise. :smile:
For me its quite different, as some exams from year 10 also count as separate qualifications!

Year 10:
AQA Core science: C
AQA Additional Science: B - Honestly I didn't spend enough time revising for those exams.

The year 11 exams were as follows:

AQA Biology (Towards triple award)
AQA Chemistry (Towards triple award)
AQA Physics (Towards triple award)
AQA Mathematics
AQA iGCSE Language
AQA iGCSE Literature
Edexcel French
Edexcel History

BTECs: OCR Nationals in Business Level 2 (Distinction), BTEC ICT (Distinction*)

So what to expect? Mostly aiming for B's or higher. Most importantly, I would prefer to have an A in Mathematics, an A in Biology, and an A in Physics as for A-Levels, I will be doing Mathematics, Physics, Biology and BTEC ICT Level 3.

That sums it up for me; I am absolutely bricking it for results day!

Good luck with all your results everyone :smile:
Original post by PrimeLime
Come to our sixth form! LOL. No, seriously don't, we really don't have many options to chose from... Do you know what subject you're gonna study at uni?
I have vowed not to do an EPQ. I don't think I need one for my course and I can see the months of extreme stress ahead of me. I don't really want that, I just wanna do my favourite subjects :biggrin:.
EPQ is great if you do it well though.

I don't have great sixth forms to choose from either tbh, not one of them offers religious studies, and I love this subject. :frown:
I want to do law- highly competitive! :rolleyes:
I love having the option of an EPQ because I can choose the topic! :biggrin: But I have heard previous EPQ candidates did not do well at all! :O I wonder if there is a word limit though... That could be problematic. Sigh, the lifetime struggle between myself and words! I did say to my teacher "You cannot put a limit on art." once. Not impressed. :colondollar:
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Soooo anyone awaiting music results? It's like the one exam for me where a B would be a godsend that I'd be ok with :biggrin: I think an A let alone an A* would be considered a miracle and I'd instantly achieve sainthood :tongue: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! Which exam board?
Everyone seems to have really high predicted grades, wondering when you were given them because I've had the same predicted grades since year 7... Is that weird or?
I don't have great sixth forms to choose from either tbh, not one of them offers religious studies, and I love this subject. :frown:
I want to do law- highly competitive! :rolleyes:
I love having the option of an EPQ because I can choose the topic! :biggrin: But I have heard previous EPQ candidates did not do well at all! :O I wonder if there is a word limit though... That could be problematic. Sigh, the lifetime struggle between myself and words! I did say to my teacher "You cannot put a limit on art." once. Not impressed. :colondollar:

Haha! Cheeky! I think there is a word limit though...
Original post by Oscarbarnes
In my mocks i got 8 a**s and 3 a*s: our school offers an a** in internal exams when students get more than 15% above the a* boundary. I'm hoping for all a*s as i want to do medicine and have never got an A in my life but hence it would be so many times more disappointing if i was to get an A in the first exams that actually count. I'm most worried about CIE English Language / Literature, but up until now i haven't really thought / worried about results. My brother got his A2 results today and is off to Oxford to study PPE, which is perhaps what has made me start worrying ������

I'm sorry, 15% above the A* boundary? In UMS terms that doesn't even exist!! And you've never got an A in your life? I'm struggling to believe that... at least once you must have got an A in your worst subject...

Latest