The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiamondsForever
I did Edexcel additional ( they didn't offer us further science unfortunately :frown: )

I did core science in year10 and got a B, hoping for an A/A* for additional

I did the AQA English language in November & got a B. I was going to retake for an A, but then I thought it would be too much stress.
I did English Lit AQA

AQA geography

AQA RE- key beliefs and worship, unit 6 i think

I also did Edexcel Business!

Edexcel Maths - did it this year. I thought the November paper was really easy.

& Design technology (resistant materials)

Nice!! how did you find business, additional science (c2,b2,p2) and aqa lit??
Original post by Angelo12231
Nice!! how did you find business, additional science (c2,b2,p2) and aqa lit??

Surprisingly I found Business really good. I already have an A* for the CAt (I did the location question) , how about you? For unit 3 the 10marker on primark and I think ethics was good. But I forgot what a share capital was- i think they asked for the definition. How did you find it?

Additional science was really good. C2- I loved the 6 markers and the first question about the periodic table was great. However, I made a mistake on the reactants and masses (known and unknown) formula question. B2- It was okay, but some questions were stupid, for instance the one about the fibres ???
P2- Again the 6 markers, I thought would be really hard, but were alright & the formula questions were great.
How did you find it?

English Literature was reallly good! I knew those two poems would come up because they had not come up before, all the others had come up once. I compared Les Grands Seigneurs to Medusa, literally had that prepared. However, I forgot to write some things * there definitely was not enough time for the English exams. The unseen was sort of hard, and guess what one of the classes had already studied that poem for practice, so they knew that the father also dies in the end, that is why it is called Long Distance II because both mother and father passed away. I wrote about how the person doesn't mourn in front of the father, something like that. How did you find it? How did you interpret the unseen?

**sorry for the really long message!
(edited 9 years ago)

Edexcel maths (done it in november)

i'm so glad we did ours this year (June); they were going go make us do it in november - how was it?
Surprisingly I found Business really good. I already have an A* for the CAt (I did the location question) , how about you? For unit 3 the 10marker on primark and I think ethics was good. But I forgot what a share capital was- i think they asked for the definition. How did you find it?

Additional science was really good. C2- I loved the 6 markers and the first question about the periodic table was great. However, I made a mistake on the reactants and masses (known and unknown) formula question. B2- It was okay, but some questions were stupid, for instance the one about the fibres ???
P2- Again the 6 markers, I thought would be really hard, but were alright & the formula questions were great.
How did you find it?

English Literature was reallly good! I knew those two poems would come up because they had not come up before, all the others had come up once. I compared Les Grands Seigneurs to Medusa, literally had that prepared. However, I forgot to write some things * there definitely was not enough time for the English exams. The unseen was sort of hard, and guess what one of the classes had already studied that poem for practice, so they knew that the father also dies in the end, that is why it is called Long Distance II because both mother and father passed away. I wrote about how the person doesn't mourn in front of the father, something like that. How did you find it? How did you interpret the unseen?

**sorry for the really long message!

hmmm business studies -__ hate business... i scrapped an A on CA, i also did location. Unit 1 was annoying i think i got 35/40 which is a B... Unit 3 i should get a mid A* so i think i will get an A for bus overall.

Additional science went badly for me. C2 was the easiest but by far the worst for me... the amount of mistakes i have done - mid B for C2... i think i got solid As on p2 and b2 and got an A* in CA so A overall for additional... though im very confident i got an A* overall in further.

Lit was great, A* no doubt.... I did conflict. The unseen was alright... i had some pretty weird intepretations... one being: he used a heater to heat the the slipper, i said that heat is normally used for the preparation of food which is needed for survival. The fact that he heated the slipper shows that he almost feeds on the memory of his loved one through the slipper, he doesnt need food to survive, its the sole memory of his wife that keeps him going. <--- bizarre :frown: i think my seen would defo secure me an A* though
hmmm business studies -__ hate business... i scrapped an A on CA, i also did location. Unit 1 was annoying i think i got 35/40 which is a B... Unit 3 i should get a mid A* so i think i will get an A for bus overall.

Additional science went badly for me. C2 was the easiest but by far the worst for me... the amount of mistakes i have done - mid B for C2... i think i got solid As on p2 and b2 and got an A* in CA so A overall for additional... though im very confident i got an A* overall in further.

Lit was great, A* no doubt.... I did conflict. The unseen was alright... i had some pretty weird intepretations... one being: he used a heater to heat the the slipper, i said that heat is normally used for the preparation of food which is needed for survival. The fact that he heated the slipper shows that he almost feeds on the memory of his loved one through the slipper, he doesnt need food to survive, its the sole memory of his wife that keeps him going. <--- bizarre :frown: i think my seen would defo secure me an A* though

I also hate business!
I got an A* for my additional CA also I think it was 46/50 or something like that.

I did character and voice for the poems. Which novels did you do for the prose?
I also hate business!
I got an A* for my additional CA also I think it was 46/50 or something like that.

I did character and voice for the poems. Which novels did you do for the prose?

inspector calls and of mice and men
inspector calls and of mice and men

I did the short stories, which was a pain. But the story that I predicted to come up did. There are like 7 of them -_- & I did Of mice and men, how did you find that?
Original post by JayJay-C19
i'm so glad we did ours this year (June); they were going go make us do it in november - how was it?

I didnt do as well as id hoped.. got an A... 95/100 on paper one and 65/100 on paper 2... if they gave us the additional 6 months to revise i would have actually done better ahaha im cool with an A though... (i know my mark because we recalled the papers back to check where i went wrong, just in case i wanted to retake)

I also did it this year- how did you find it?
We did it as a practice (the November one) and I think it was quite easy.
I did the short stories, which was a pain. But the story that I predicted to come up did. There are like 7 of them -_- & I did Of mice and men, how did you find that?

oh damn! :biggrin: and OMAM was V V good :3 pretty much the whole of english lit was brill...
oh damn! :biggrin: and OMAM was V V good :3 pretty much the whole of english lit was brill...

That's good to hear! I hope we get the As/A*s
I also did it this year- how did you find it?
We did it as a practice (the November one) and I think it was quite easy.

I thought it was fine to be fair!

A lot of the things that were expected to come up did not, so that was annoying.
That's good to hear! I hope we get the As/A*s

yeah :smile: will do!! what are you expecting on results day? for all ur GCSEs? After the way its gone im expcting 2A* 8As and 1B... was initially hoping for 6A*s 5As... so quite a jump for the worst...
A lot of the things that were expected to come up did not, so that was annoying.

november was annoying as **** -_-
(edited 9 years ago)
That is really good! :smile: What are you expecting to get a B in? I'm hoping for 4As ( hopefully an A for maths) and 3A*s. I already have 2 Bs
november was annoying as **** -_-

I really liked it, I got an A/A* for that
(edited 9 years ago)
I really liked it, I got an A/A* for that

I got an A for it but a lot of what i revised didnt come up soo i had to almost improvise in a way?...
That is really good! :smile: What are you expecting to get a B in? I'm hoping for 4As ( hopefully an A for maths) and 3A*s. I already have 2 Bs

What are your A*s in... your results would be great too!! and im expecting it in French, really can't understand french lol :P Hope you are happy on results day!!! what A levels are you doing? I'm doing bio, chem, maths, psychology
That's really good, considering you improvised!

Latest