The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by thechemistress
Sheer talent, I guess? You obviously left a lasting impression :tongue: Yeah, that's what I should have done xD Instead I spent more time than I should have on there :/

You can't wait for results day? Strange child.. What are you expecting?

It's the feeling of not knowing that annoys me the most... I'm hoping for 7+ A*s but I don't know to be honest, I've got two already in Maths and English Literature so that helps towards the hope! :rolleyes:

What about you?
Original post by Sulfur
It's the feeling of not knowing that annoys me the most... I'm hoping for 7+ A*s but I don't know to be honest, I've got two already in Maths and English Literature so that helps towards the hope! :rolleyes:

What about you?

Ah, right xD I'm like that with end of topic exams, just not with GCSEs :tongue:
Ah, so you did Ad maths this year?

I'm hoping for 11A*s and 1A. But really, anything over 9A*s and I will be happy xD
Reply 782
Core Science I hope for a C or I'll have to retake next year as well as take additional science, my i.c.t exam I hope for a B
and leisure&tourism GCSE A/A*
Original post by Caver
Core Science I hope for a C or I'll have to retake next year as well as take additional science, my i.c.t exam I hope for a B
and leisure&tourism GCSE A/A*

Additional science is more interesting that Core IMO. So that helps want to try hard at it (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
My advice: Take Maths as the full A Level :biggrin:

Yup, CGP books for science were my haven too :smile:

I'm not sure if I should, I might just do AS-Level or not do Maths at all. :frown:

I'm not the best at Maths - only expecting an A or high B for GCSE, but this was due to the fact I put no effort, not because I wasn't capable at A*/A content.

The reason I'm unsure is because I feel that A-Level content might be too much for me. As I've learnt no Maths AL content yet though I'm not sure, which is why I'm thinking of learning C1 early. :smile:
Original post by BeeBuzz
Additional science is more interesting that Core IMO. So that helps want to try hard at it (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Triple science is definitely the most interesting :yes:
Reply 786
Ah, right xD I'm like that with end of topic exams, just not with GCSEs :tongue:
Ah, so you did Ad maths this year?

I'm hoping for 11A*s and 1A. But really, anything over 9A*s and I will be happy xD

Yup, AQA Level 2 Further Maths :biggrin:

Original post by yellowcopter
I'm not sure if I should, I might just do AS-Level or not do Maths at all. :frown:

I'm not the best at Maths - only expecting an A or high B for GCSE, but this was due to the fact I put no effort, not because I wasn't capable at A*/A content.

The reason I'm unsure is because I feel that A-Level content might be too much for me. As I've learnt no Maths AL content yet though I'm not sure, which is why I'm thinking of learning C1 early. :smile:

Oh goodness you're becoming delusional... it must be this heat: You can't think like that! You should at least take it to AS then :smile: (and then A2 :colone:)

I'd start it early, as you've said it'll help with your final decision on taking it further or even at all.
Original post by Sulfur
Yup, AQA Level 2 Further Maths :biggrin:

You lucky lad! My school doesn't offer FM.
Reply 788
You lucky lad! My school doesn't offer FM.

Sue them :colone: It helped with C1 so it was quite good.
Original post by Sulfur
Sue them :colone: It helped with C1 so it was quite good.

I'm considering it actually :tongue: They also forced me to do a technology. Silly school. Thank gosh I'm leaving xD
Reply 790
I'm considering it actually :tongue: They also forced me to do a technology. Silly school. Thank gosh I'm leaving xD

I had to do Product Design. Don't get me started on it... :rolleyes: (WHY!)
Original post by Sulfur

I got the impression you liked Product Design?
also C1 how long did you spend on it?
and is yours edexcel? (sorry if youve already answered this)
I need to get my s**t together too :rolleyes:
Original post by Sulfur

Oh goodness you're becoming delusional... it must be this heat: You can't think like that! You should at least take it to AS then :smile: (and then A2 :colone:)

I'd start it early, as you've said it'll help with your final decision on taking it further or even at all.

It must be the heat yeah. :lol: I guess I'll take AS then and see where it goes - so far C1 is looking alright.
Original post by Sulfur

Oh, I feel your pain. That was even worse than Food Tech. The majority of my friends did Product Design :tongue: Coursework was a bitch xD
Reply 794
Original post by PointDexter
I got the impression you liked Product Design?
also C1 how long did you spend on it?
and is yours edexcel? (sorry if youve already answered this)
I need to get my s**t together too :rolleyes:

Product design was hell. I hate coursework :mad:

I spent about two weeks or so on it, I wrote up revision notes on each topic (how to do x topic, stage by stage etc) and I checked it with numerous resources so that it matched them (exam solutions, CGP books, other people's revision notes online, Heinemann books) - AQA :smile:
I'm so scared for results day because I did hardly any revision, but kind of excited because I really want to know what I got/get it over with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st
I'm so scared for results day because I did hardly any revision, but kind of excited because I really want to know what I got/get it over with

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you hoping for? :smile:

In an ideal world I'd LOVE 5 A*s, 6 As but that's never going to happen :frown: however I think 5 A*s, 2 As, 3 Bs could be quite probable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st
In an ideal world I'd LOVE 5 A*s, 6 As but that's never going to happen :frown: however I think 5 A*s, 2 As, 3 Bs could be quite probable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love 11A*s and 1A, but I don't know.

Gosh, now I'm thinking about results way too much and now I feel sick with nerves D: Oh, this wait is horrendous :/
At my school, we get our results in the post so that morning I'm going to be so impatient waiting for the postman, especially as some days he doesn't even come until 3pm!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest