The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got 1A*, 2As, 8bs.

The grade which I'm most happy with is English lit A (A* in poetry), for poetry I am very surprised because I was writing bull**** throughout :biggrin:D

''The writer cleverly employs this tactic to indicate that...'' , ''On a prosodic level'' All I remember rofl :biggrin:

Which I am really happy with and thank the lord! :smile:)

My reaction was basically this: :OO

-----

To those who didn't achieve as well as they thought, do not worry life will bring better things for you, because as they say, when a door closes another opens, and its not the end of the world to be honest, this just is the an eye-opener saying that you need to revise a little bit harder next year for A-levels. My older friend got bad grades and managed to get really good grades in year 12! So you can do it too. :smile:)
Original post by Fudge2
13 A*s. In shock right now lol

Well done! I was in your position last year :smile: what AS levels are you doing?
Original post by Siddhart1998
Which board?

edexcel igcse and cambridge igcse
Reply 7983
I know I should probably be happy but I am disappointed with my results, 2A*s, 6As, and 2Bs. Regret doing no revision after seeing people with straight A*s, no one but myself to blame :erm:
Original post by Ola127
I'm not even joking when I say that I have literally died with laughter at your comment!! its okay i feel pretty giddy with happiness too :biggrin:

ahahaha, glad it made you chuckle! I'm now following you xx
Reply 7985
Original post by d14m
I know I should probably be happy but I am disappointed with my results, 2A*s, 6As, and 2Bs. Regret doing no revision after seeing people with straight A*s, no one but myself to blame :erm:

They are still great grades. Maybe just try harder in your A-levels to make up for it.:dontknow:

Original post by PerplexedBird
I got 1A*, 2As, 8bs.

The grade which I'm most happy with is English lit A (A* in poetry), for poetry I am very surprised because I was writing bull**** throughout :biggrin:D

''The writer cleverly employs this tactic to indicate that...'' , ''On a prosodic level'' All I remember rofl :biggrin:

Which I am really happy with and thank the lord! :smile:)

My reaction was basically this: :OO

Awesome job! What are you going on to do now?

Original post by DebkoX
English Language - A
English Literature - B
French - C
Additional Science - B
Science A - B
Maths - C
Further Maths - C (SOMEHOW!)
History - A
Health & Social - Distinction
Further Science - C

Well done! :bumps:
My Results:
English Language: A*
English Literature: A*
Maths: A*
Statistics: A
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
RE: A*
History: A*
French: A*
German: A*
Applied Business: A*A*
Art: A

Overall 12 A*s and 2 As, so glad all the hard work paid off! Hope everyone got the results they wanted :biggrin:

A-Levels I am taking:
Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, English Language
Original post by nicky fiction
12 A*s (well including a short course, but meh, it counts :tongue:)
1 A for an early AS level
1 B for music lol
I thought I'd failed physics so I'm SO HAPPY!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats thats awesome! How did you manage to do it?
Reply 7988
Hey so I've kinda been lurking on here the past week to get past the nerves but I did better than I ever expected!! Congrats to everyone on here for your results!!!

One question, there is a random number 5 next to my English language grade, didn't appear anywhere else though... it's it a typo? Or am I just missing something, these sheets are so confusing >.< ? Probably a typo xD
9 A*'s and 2 A's! :smile: Unbelievably happy! All of my revision paid off in the end!
Original post by 8472

Well done! :bumps:

Thank you!
Reply 7991
Original post by DebkoX
Thank you!

What are you going to be doing now?
Well done everyone :smile:

Can SOMEONE explain the grade boundaries on this where it says like 68c or whatever? Like how do I know how many marks I am off something? Are the grade boundaries online wrong or something? Help:frown:
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
Um...um... I feel okaay with my results, but I wanted more A*s to be honest, and preferably not Cs but I got 5A*s, 4As, 2Bs and 3Cs (all in bloody science...eurgh?!)
I wanted a bloody A* in Sociology but I was 9 marks away :angry:
And I wanted and A* in French, but they moderated my A* Coursework to a B so sigh only got an A :'(
But I feel okay...
I'm worried though; will my GCSEs be good enough to get me into a Russell group University like Durham or Edingburgh for Law?

Your grades sound fine! 5A*s and 4As is really good. My advice is not to concentrate on the marks and little details, as it's the final grade and UMS that colleges and unis care about - unless you want a remark or to retake some GCSEs. I wouldn't advise a remark as it sounds like the subjects you're most annoyed about are Sociology and French, and you still got As in those. Seriously, it's a good set of results.

As for Russell group unis - it depends on your A levels, your subject and which uni you want to go to, but my brother got offers from Nottingham, Bath and York with 4A*s and 7As. Just be sure to work hard at your AS levels and A levels and you'll be fine.

Good luck at college :smile:
Also what UMS? Does it tell you on the paper?
I'm in year 10 so the GCSE and Btec grades I got today are ones I did as early entry. I got..
Maths - A*
ICT - A*
RE - A
Btec Dance - D*
Btec Drama - M
I'm so so so happy about my results and I can't stop smiling! Hope everyone is as ecstatic as me:biggrin:
Original post by The Know It All
Congrats thats awesome! How did you manage to do it?

Thank you :smile: I have no idea, honestly. Did a lot of revision, but I still thought I'd failed some.
Original post by 8472
What are you going to be doing now?

Well! I enrol next Friday, I have a part-time job. Things look good.
Reply 7999
Original post by hanewie123
x
Can SOMEONE explain the grade boundaries on this where it says like 68c or whatever? Like how do I know how many marks I am off something? Are the grade boundaries online wrong or something? Help:frown:

The larger numbers are your total adjusted marks. You can then have a look at GCSE Grade Boundaries and open the relavent exam board grade boundaries. For example your PE. You got 55. So on Here I went to 3PE01 Physical Education (Short Course). The grade boundaries 100 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 0. So your 55 is dead bang in the middle of the D grade boundary.

Original post by DebkoX
Well! I enrol next Friday, I have a part-time job. Things look good.

I wish you the best with everything. :smile:

Latest