The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Gingerbread101
Haha, I love maths :lol: I was considering taking further maths too, but the head of sixth form said I'd have too many essays to write so wouldn't have time :biggrin:

A* In everything hopefully, perhaps an A in art or Spanish :smile: You?

I'd be happy with 3A*, 5A & 3B - obviously I'd LOVE to get higher, but I don't like expecting too much as I'm scared of the disappointment :frown:
Original post by CBftw
I'd be happy with 3A*, 5A & 3B - obviously I'd LOVE to get higher, but I don't like expecting too much as I'm scared of the disappointment :frown:

Which subjects are you expecting A* in? :smile:
Reply 982
Which subjects are you expecting A* in? :smile:

English Language
English Literature
Religious Studies
and maybe History

:colondollar:
Original post by CBftw
English Language
English Literature
Religious Studies
and maybe History

:colondollar:

So you're more of a humanities girl like me :biggrin:
Reply 984
So you're more of a humanities girl like me :biggrin:

yup, science & maths don't really interest me for some reason :colondollar:
Original post by CBftw

I'm expecting that too, i'd love higher but i don't want to get my hopes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CBftw
yup, science & maths don't really interest me for some reason :colondollar:

I'm still good at sciences, but I find humanities a lot more interesting and fun :smile:
Reply 987
Original post by BeeBuzz
I'm expecting that too, i'd love higher but i don't want to get my hopes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, I know exactly what you mean. We just have to hope for the best :smile:

I'm still good at sciences, but I find humanities a lot more interesting and fun :smile:

I'm like that too, we seem to have quite a few things in common loool :smile:
Reply 988
I seriously don't know how you guys like history, I absolutely hate it, I don't even get most of the stuff, I love geography tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone teach me how to get A* in English Language... Yes, I'm year 10... But I got results as well coming in 21 days :smile:
Reply 991
What results you getting? I'm also in year 10 and I'm getting my core science results

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you're achieving As and A*s at GCSE, you're generally going to be looking at the better universities. Better universities do look at GCSEs quite a bit and a lot say that GCSEs are more important than your predicted grades, because they're definite, you've already achieved them so they know that you can do them well. It's not the end of the world if you don't have brilliant GCSEs as obviously other factors do come into it, but they definitely matter.
Original post by Trihawk7
Someone teach me how to get A* in English Language... Yes, I'm year 10... But I got results as well coming in 21 days :smile:

Have you heard of Mr Bruff? He's an english teacher on youtube :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
Have you heard of Mr Bruff? He's an english teacher on youtube :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, but I only really like his Lit videos... his others are kind of weak imo

Original post by SSAA9
What results you getting? I'm also in year 10 and I'm getting my core science results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure I've screwed up my B1 since half the questions were oblivious to me but I can always resit :smile:

Double award - B1, C1, P1
Maths - A unit that you'll probably have never heard of because of exam board
Further Maths - Pure mathematics
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 995
I found C1 the hardest, i hope I do well in it tho chemistry has always been my weakest out of the 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
I found C1 the hardest, i hope I do well in it tho chemistry has always been my weakest out of the 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Taking a pretty good guess that you're on AQA or Edexcel and I'm on CCEA so I really don't know what you have done in your papers :s-smilie:

I'm taking it English Language isn't one of the subjects you're getting results for? :smile:
I'm taking it English Language isn't one of the subjects you're getting results for? :smile:

Nope :smile: Still got another year so I just want to make sure I at least get an A for it :smile: preferably A* but looking at national statistics only 3.3% of people got A* last year so it'd be hard for me because I'm nowhere near an A standard in mocks...
Nope :smile: Still got another year so I just want to make sure I at least get an A for it :smile: preferably A* but looking at national statistics only 3.3% of people got A* last year so it'd be hard for me because I'm nowhere near an A standard in mocks...

What are your controlled assessments like?

Latest