Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Holy pineapple, I'm so scared :/

How do you think they went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah Bethany
How do you think they went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't know :/ I have this awful habit of focusing on the bad parts of every exam :/ I just don't know whether I've done well enough to get into my first choice sixth form. I need 10A*s :/
hey guys, im taking my gcses next year. do you guys have any tips? i hven't been paying attention in classes, and i want to get back into tracks. thank you!! xxxx
I honestly don't know :/ I have this awful habit of focusing on the bad parts of every exam :/ I just don't know whether I've done well enough to get into my first choice sixth form. I need 10A*s :/

Yeah :/
That must be a pretty competitive sixth form..! Our entry requirements are nowhere near that high!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, what is that sixth form? Mine is a pretty good school and basically says 'get Cs' :tongue:
Original post by ashleyxxx
hey guys, im taking my gcses next year. do you guys have any tips? i hven't been paying attention in classes, and i want to get back into tracks. thank you!! xxxx

Hi! :smile: make sure you understand what you've done so far, have a look over your work before you go back. When it comes to mocks revise for them properly and don't leave homework and revision to the last minute! What subjects are you taking? Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time has gone so quickly.. Can't believe there's just 19 days left
Reply 1187
Original post by Compost
If your school hasn't told you you can go in to collect them or given you a password to access them on line (they have a similar system to Edexcel online) then you will probably have to wait until you get the rest of your GCSE results.

You could try ringing the school on the 12th as I assume the school will download them then, or (if you have a 6th form) the exam officer will be in processing the A level results on 13th, but they may be too busy to talk to you.

Original post by KythingToWrite
You guys have a long time to wait :tongue:
Yup, August 12th. And because I have a sadistic teacher, I have a maths test on the same day :eek:

You can get them on CIE Direct on the 12th, but they're usually out at schools on the 13th/14th... You could ask your exams officer?

Oh alright then, thanks for the info. I'll probably end up waiting till the 21st :smile:
Remember that CIE results are often posted a week before along with the A level results - depending on your school, you may be able to see them early, but don't hassle them! They'll be working hard with the A level results and they won't want GCSE years calling/coming in to possible get some results a week early!
Hey guys, what were your mock results? Mine were soooooooooooo bad haha. But that's probably because i didn't take them seriously. After i got my mock results i wasn't disappointed because i knew i didn't work. After that, i did soo many past papers at home and pushed my grades up by far, (apart from english cause i'm terrible at essay writing)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm beyond nervous for my GCSE results! I'm in year 11 (going into six form) Luckily, I think everything went OK apart from Physics, I've always hated Physics and I've never been any good at it so I'm expecting to fail it ahahah!
Anyway, good luck guys! Don't worry about it, you've all done your best and just remember: no matter how bad you've done you can always re-take or look at other options, and can still achieve what you wannna achieve with a bit extra work! :smile:
Original post by angharad.evans
I'm beyond nervous for my GCSE results! I'm in year 11 (going into six form) Luckily, I think everything went OK apart from Physics, I've always hated Physics and I've never been any good at it so I'm expecting to fail it ahahah!
Anyway, good luck guys! Don't worry about it, you've all done your best and just remember: no matter how bad you've done you can always re-take or look at other options, and can still achieve what you wannna achieve with a bit extra work! :smile:

What subjects are you hoping to take next year?
Good luck with your results! Physics probably went better than you think if you don't like it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
Hey guys, what were your mock results? Mine were soooooooooooo bad haha. But that's probably because i didn't take them seriously. After i got my mock results i wasn't disappointed because i knew i didn't work. After that, i did soo many past papers at home and pushed my grades up by far, (apart from english cause i'm terrible at essay writing)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was really pleased with my mocks! I got all my targets except in Economics where I was 1 mark off the A* grade boundary! So annoying!! Haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subjects are you hoping to take next year?
Good luck with your results! Physics probably went better than you think if you don't like it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not quite sure yet, I was thinking of taking Sociology, Religous Studies, English Literature and Psychology but it depends. How about you? :smile:
Thankyou haha, I hope so!

I understand that habit... when a question on my chemistry exam saying "which one of these are metals" I totally forgot that the periodic table is split up into non-metals and metals... and that's the only question I remember on that paper since I did it bad...

10A*s... I don't even know what to say...
(edited 9 years ago)
I was really pleased with my mocks! I got all my targets except in Economics where I was 1 mark off the A* grade boundary! So annoying!! Haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good! You'll definitely get great GCSE's! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angharad.evans
I'm not quite sure yet, I was thinking of taking Sociology, Religous Studies, English Literature and Psychology but it depends. How about you? :smile:
Thankyou haha, I hope so!

Haha that's the complete opposite of me XD I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths and possibly some French on the side but not doing the exam :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
That's really good! You'll definitely get great GCSE's! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks! :biggrin: do you think your exams went quite well in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha that's the complete opposite of me XD I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths and possibly some French on the side but not doing the exam :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loveee Maths but my teacher was horrible and put me in for lower tier GCSE Maths without telling me until a few weeks before the exam:/ I was hoping to get an A in Maths too:frown: So now I'm re-taking higher tier Maths in November to hopefully get the A I want and then I'll start further Maths at year 13:biggrin:
Haha thanks! :biggrin: do you think your exams went quite well in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from English and Music,I think the others went so much better haha. I'm hoping for 5A*s, 2As and 3Bs. I'm expecting 2A*s 5As, 2Bs and a C (C in music)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest