The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had a results day dream, the results were displayed on TV screens and when it came to mine, I got A*s in everything except history, in which I got a B. Tbh that'd be bloody brilliant, I hope it happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
3f is a beauty of a question, though I may be overthinking it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very slightly like the work you have to do in conics (if you do FP2)...they're always good fun. :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
It's very slightly like the work you have to do in conics (if you do FP2)...they're always good fun. :tongue:

I'll be doing this module in year 13, I shall look forward to it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm surprised that the education system is so good that papers or grades haven't been leaked... if only they were... :rolleyes:
Original post by Krollo
I had a results day dream, the results were displayed on TV screens and when it came to mine, I got A*s in everything except history, in which I got a B. Tbh that'd be bloody brilliant, I hope it happens

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407074575.254533.jpg

Anyone coming here with me?
#disappointmentisland

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
What exam board did you guys do for history? We did Edexcel, the amount of questions about ToV were a dream come true and unit 1 (international relations) and unit 2 (Germany depth study) were pretty straight forward questions tbh, then unit 3 (Britain 1929-51) was horrid, everything was so wishy-washy! It was near impossible to come up with a clear answer and therefore difficult to construct arguments for the sources! Coursework (Vietnam) I'm not sure- my teacher gave me great praise and raised my target after my coursework was handed in, but we can't be told a grade until results day, fingers crossed for an A*!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lakesecrets
What exam board did you guys do for history? We did Edexcel, the amount of questions about ToV were a dream come true and unit 1 (international relations) and unit 2 (Germany depth study) were pretty straight forward questions tbh, then unit 3 (Britain 1929-51) was horrid, everything was so wishy-washy! It was near impossible to come up with a clear answer and therefore difficult to construct arguments for the sources! Coursework (Vietnam) I'm not sure- my teacher gave me great praise and raised my target after my coursework was handed in, but we can't be told a grade until results day, fingers crossed for an A*!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't feel very confident about my grades. I think I'll be shocked if I pass everything... :s-smilie:
I am in year 10 and have only taken 5 exams to give myself 3 gcse's. I am so nervous about the results because I worked really hard for them so I will be so frustrating if I end up disappointed. I'm not going to tell anyone...
Reply 1390
Original post by Edminzodo
Whoa . . . So I take it you want to do medicine? I'm taking STUPID COMPULSORY CRITICAL THINKING (rant over), Economics, English Literature (Pre-U), History and Japanese!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :smile:

I really feel sorry for you having to take Critical Thinking - why do schools do it? To push up the league tables?
I've never heard of anyone doing Japenese for A Level :tongue: It must be difficult, I even found GCSE French hard so I can't begin to think what A Level Japenese would be like.
Who did Edexel English lit? Apparently you wasnt allowed to have to books that the questions were about, is it true?
Original post by Khaliah
Who did Edexel English lit? Apparently you wasnt allowed to have to books that the questions were about, is it true?

I did that exam board, we were allowed the books the questions were about in our exam so I don't think thats true :smile: where did you hear that?
Original post by worry bubble
I am in year 10 and have only taken 5 exams to give myself 3 gcse's. I am so nervous about the results because I worked really hard for them so I will be so frustrating if I end up disappointed. I'm not going to tell anyone...

What subjects are you getting results for?:smile:
Some people I know said they were not allowed the books in the exam and had to remember all page references and quotes off by heart

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407074575.254533.jpg

Anyone coming here with me?
#disappointmentisland

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll come with you! I'll bring the tissues and hot chocolate

Posted from TSR Mobile
18 days bring it on
Reply 1397
Original post by Khaliah

Edexcel IGCSE English Literature?
Oh my, only two weeks and a bit to go :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
I'll come with you! I'll bring the tissues and hot chocolate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget marshmallows! I'll bring... Mm what shall I bring?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest