The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Khaliah
For AIC I did Eva smith. I just talked about the effect she has on the characters and used quates and blah blah blah. I got a B in English language in November. I want to eqaul this if not better it, and I would like a B at least for literature too as I enjoyed it and prepared more for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the best! I hope you get what you want and deserve on results day!
Original post by Aisha1234
I've chosen economics for an A level and it seems quite interesting!

Yeah same! :biggrin: except my school doesn't offer the course to me! :mad: I'm so gutted but I'm considering moving school or using a partnership link between my school and other grammar schools that do offer economics as a course, I am although a bit anxious about whether my GCSE's meet the requirements to allow me either of those options to get economics.
Original post by RJMclean777
Yeah same! :biggrin: except my school doesn't offer the course to me! :mad: I'm so gutted but I'm considering moving school or using a partnership link between my school and other grammar schools that do offer economics as a course, I am although a bit anxious about whether my GCSE's meet the requirements to allow me either of those options to get economics.

Oh, I hope you get to do it, I've never done economics but taking a chance to do it as an A level, my school's sixth form didn't offer subjects like accounting or economics so I applied to a better college and luckily got a place and I've still got it regardless of what my results will be *Relief*
Original post by Tyleerrr
My school doesn't either, our tutors read them out to us:frown:

We just get it on an unfolded a4 page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aisha1234
Oh, I hope you get to do it, I've never done economics but taking a chance to do it as an A level, my school's sixth form didn't offer subjects like accounting or economics so I applied to a better college and luckily got a place and I've still got it regardless of what my results will be *Relief*

That's great! Sounds like you have everything sorted out, unlike me hahaha but hopefully things will work out in the end! I've been looking over economics over the summer and it definitely looks like a great course.
I'm really worried about my ICT, our school only decided at the start of the year that we were going to do the GCSE and until then we had been doing these silly Dida courses which are practically useless :/ We were going to get our coursework done before christmas so we could start theory but our teacher's weren't great and we didn't end up finishing the two we had to do till may. By that point most of the year had failed their cw and were allowed to drop out but because I'm in top set we were not allowed. As our GCSEs had already started we had not been given any lessons AT ALL on the theory and were given a small paper booklet that covered half of the exam. I ended up with a high C overall with my coursework which was quite high in our class and ended up doing an hour revison/learning for each exam. I didn't understand what half of the questions meant let alone how to answer them. The likely hood that I've failed is pretty high but I don't really want a U on my records, can I just miss it off, or will I have to explain the situation when applying for university? :frown:
How did you guys find B2?
Reply 1587
Original post by Jobin123
I'm really worried about my ICT, our school only decided at the start of the year that we were going to do the GCSE and until then we had been doing these silly Dida courses which are practically useless :/ We were going to get our coursework done before christmas so we could start theory but our teacher's weren't great and we didn't end up finishing the two we had to do till may. By that point most of the year had failed their cw and were allowed to drop out but because I'm in top set we were not allowed. As our GCSEs had already started we had not been given any lessons AT ALL on the theory and were given a small paper booklet that covered half of the exam. I ended up with a high C overall with my coursework which was quite high in our class and ended up doing an hour revison/learning for each exam. I didn't understand what half of the questions meant let alone how to answer them. The likely hood that I've failed is pretty high but I don't really want a U on my records, can I just miss it off, or will I have to explain the situation when applying for university? :frown:

What exam board did you do?
Original post by GrandMasti
How did you guys find B2?

Horrifically
Original post by Krollo
We just get it on an unfolded a4 page.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our schools suck, I want a brown envelope!!!
A lot of people seem to be worried about AQA Science, I found the 9 tests pretty easy (B2 was hardest imo.) The exams I'm worrying about are WJEC - French (I've got 60% A in the coursework but I found the exams SO hard idek) and AQA iGCSE - Further Maths :frown:
I'm so scared. I know that whatever I get I'll be disappointed with, especially after reading all of these articles about how the grades are going to be worse than usual this year!
Original post by marybeth97
I'm so scared. I know that whatever I get I'll be disappointed with, especially after reading all of these articles about how the grades are going to be worse than usual this year!

If you worked hard then you will get what you deserve. Those articles are too generalised, people like you should only be affected by the slightest degree...
Original post by nsa147
What exam board did you do?

OCR I think
Reply 1594
Original post by Jobin123
OCR I think

I did AQA. I think you would have to declare all of the results. However, i am sure that you have done better than you have thought. What grades are you hoping for?
Original post by Angelo12231
If you worked hard then you will get what you deserve. Those articles are too generalised, people like you should only be affected by the slightest degree...

Thanks, I really hope so. I wish we didn't have to wait so long though, I'd rather get it over with!
Hi. I just remembered in my chemistry exam that I might have spelt phytomining as 'photomining'. Do u think i will still get the mark or not. Thanks in advance.
Original post by 09dalvak
Hi. I just remembered in my chemistry exam that I might have spelt phytomining as 'photomining'. Do u think i will still get the mark or not. Thanks in advance.

I'd say it depends on the examiner and whether they give you the benefit of the doubt, it's only one mark at stake though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah Bethany
I'd say it depends on the examiner and whether they give you the benefit of the doubt, it's only one mark at stake though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, well thanks for the reply :smile:
Original post by 09dalvak
Okay, well thanks for the reply :smile:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest