The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

@seals: There is a contact us tab on the profile page :wink:
Reply 381
Original post by 16dan2life
For Barclays, does anyone else just get Israel-Tel Aviv for location? I'm assuming London applications are yet to open then?

Exactly, I asume they will open on monday.
Original post by LMAX
Exactly, I asume they will open on monday.

Original post by economicsuon
Yep! London obviously isnt open?

Ah cool. Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Zeegie
Credit Suisse says somewhere on their website to keep cover letter to two/three paragraphs, does anyone know if that would actually make a difference or not? Mines split into 4 paragraphs and around 350 words.

I split mine to about four paragraphs, and just kept it clear, brief and snappy. The tests are quite hard, much harder than the deloitte ones. I probably failed tbh haha. Speaking of deloitte, have you heard back about interview yet?
Reply 384
I applied to a lot of banks last year (spring week), but recieved no offers. Should I make a new user when I am reapplying this year?
Original post by Mustgetintoib
I split mine to about four paragraphs, and just kept it clear, brief and snappy. The tests are quite hard, much harder than the deloitte ones. I probably failed tbh haha. Speaking of deloitte, have you heard back about interview yet?

Wow, you've already done the tests? Ah ok, yh mine's 4 paragraphs, around 4/5 lines long, it still looks too long atm so I might cut it down a bit more to be as concise as i can. the tests are hard? i thought they were kenexa? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I haven't heard from deloitte yet, will probs hear this week i guess? im dying for an interview there lol
Original post by Uhar
I applied to a lot of banks last year (spring week), but recieved no offers. Should I make a new user when I am reapplying this year?

Personally I wouldn't because it just looks ridiculous if they find out. But I know a lot of people have/are doing this.

In saying that, I've been rejected before at a bank and then accepted at a later date under the same user, so I don't think it matters, at least not in that case.
Original post by Lollyage
Will I be disadvantaged if I apply to Deloitte around end of August? Considering they opened for apps a month ago..

depends. if consulting yes, last year they filled up their AC spots within 5-6 weeks from apps opening iirc, apart from that you should be good to go.
Is Bank of America Merryl Lynch open? struggling to tell!
Hi guys, I applied for E&Y corporate finance lead advisory. I got the e-mail saying that I passed the test and they said that

I am delighted to confirm you have been successful at this stage and we will be in touch shortly with further information about the next steps.

Does that mean that I'm gonna be interviewed?
Reply 390
Original post by thegalvan
Hi guys, I applied for E&Y corporate finance lead advisory. I got the e-mail saying that I passed the test and they said that
Does that mean that I'm gonna be interviewed?

I received the same email about 2 weeks ago (for the same division), and a few days ago I received an invitation to a face to face interview.
Reply 391
So I was just doing my Lazard application and it randomly decided to submit without me even completing all the questions or doing the eSignature thing..? What?

Edit: After closing Google chrome and signing out of Lazard it is now showing up as a draft again :confused:. Meh, atleast I can finish it now.
(edited 9 years ago)
IS GS open yet for investment banking (summer 2015)? It doesn't appear in the drop down menu. Can anyone else confirm?

Original post by Zeegie
Wow, you've already done the tests? Ah ok, yh mine's 4 paragraphs, around 4/5 lines long, it still looks too long atm so I might cut it down a bit more to be as concise as i can. the tests are hard? i thought they were kenexa? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I haven't heard from deloitte yet, will probs hear this week i guess? im dying for an interview there lol

is this the numerical test? how long do deloitte take to respond after the numerical test, its been a couple of days, dont think i did great
Original post by Zeegie

Well i found the tests super hard haha but that might be just me lol

Yeah hopefully Deloitte get back to us soon, thought the critical was alright. Hate waiting haha
Original post by printergirl
is this the numerical test? how long do deloitte take to respond after the numerical test, its been a couple of days, dont think i did great

Responded to me after a few days haha :P nah this is about the critical thinking test which is after you pass numerical :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by OptimusPrimate
IS GS open yet for investment banking (summer 2015)? It doesn't appear in the drop down menu. Can anyone else confirm?

Reed the thread
Well i found the tests super hard haha but that might be just me lol

Yeah hopefully Deloitte get back to us soon, thought the critical was alright. Hate waiting haha

Tbf I did some research, quite a few people were saying how Kenexa can be a bitch sometimes, so who knows, hopefully it'll be ok :smile:

Oh my god, it's got to the point where I can't even remember about Deloitte, it's been like over a month since I applied there! I'm feeling sure that we'll hear this week, let's hope it's good news for both of us!
Responded to me after a few days haha :P nah this is about the critical thinking test which is after you pass numerical :smile:

how long was the wait from numerical to critical i meant?
Is it too late to apply to Deloitte now and if I do am I massively disadvantaged or something because I applied a month after it opened? Applying for consulting btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending