The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Do you reckon I could move from investment consultancy into asset management in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5981
Hi,
Does anyone who received this email from GS heard from them again ?

"
Thank you for your application to Securities, London for a Summer Analyst position. We are currently in the process of reviewing applications, and will be in touch shortly to update you on the status of your application.
We appreciate you may be interviewing with other institutions and so we encourage you to keep us posted of any offers you are considering, allowing us to be aware of any timing constraints that you may have.
In the meantime, you can find out more about Goldman Sachs via www.gs.com/careers, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
Many thanks,
Goldman Sachs Campus Recruiting"
Reply 5982
Hey guys,
Did anyone here do the Macquarie technical interview?
What kind of technical Q's can i expect?
thx
How bad is it to renege on a contract?
Original post by opusmagnum
Any advice on RBS first round for grad markets?

Is it for sales or trading
Original post by ylangjz
How bad is it to renege on a contract?

Not as bad as you think. You'll probably be blacklisted for life but no-1 can force you to work somewhere you don't want to.
Original post by JogaBonito787
IS there anyone else with an JP Morgan PB offer ?

Yeah I've got an offer from JPM PB as well! Did you attend the AC on the 9th?
I sent you a PM !
Guys do you reckon the chances of securing an internship are higher or lower after the Christmas period.

My issue is that I have been offered an internship but would much rather wait and see if my other applications get back to me, Rothschild, AAM and Schroders ect. This is my first offer so I'm not actually sure whether most companies give offers before or after Christmas.
Original post by Student199
Guys do you reckon the chances of securing an internship are higher or lower after the Christmas period.

My issue is that I have been offered an internship but would much rather wait and see if my other applications get back to me, Rothschild, AAM and Schroders ect. This is my first offer so I'm not actually sure whether most companies give offers before or after Christmas.

Not really sure what's going on with AM but I'd say it's probably lower
At worst, just hold off on sighing and chase up the other places

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amoled
Congrats dude,when did you apply?

Fairly late, beginning of November.
Original post by bankonthis
Is it for sales or trading

Neither, I should have specified it's Capital Markets sorry
Original post by Aenigma
Not really sure what's going on with AM but I'd say it's probably lower
At worst, just hold off on sighing and chase up the other places

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAM emailed me 2 days ago saying that they were running a little late due to a large number of applications this year.

Many firms are yet to get back to me so I don't want to have to settle for an internship this early.
Reply 5993
Original post by opusmagnum
Neither, I should have specified it's Capital Markets sorry

Mine was purely competency based with a VP
Reply 5994
Who else holds an offer from Nomura (IBD)?
Reply 5995
Original post by x247113407
Got AC invitation from MS for Sales and Trading Summer. Anyone able to shed some light? I really want to know what the presentation is like. Any advice will be helpful

Thanks in advance!

Mate did you get an e-mail confirmation about the AC and when is yours? I did my 1st round 10 days ago but I will be away till early Jan 2015.
Any experience with Pimco's first round telephone interview?
Just been put on hold again by HSBC to hear about AC invites...
Received emails from HSBC for Grad Trading for at least 2 months now saying "we're still reviewing". I assume I'll get a rejection by the end of it like last year because it seems too late now not to have even got a phone interview. Has anyone heard from HSBC?

Also, with regards to attractiveness, obviously being good looking (male or female) helps. However, sure, being an attractive girl DEFINITELY helps. When I was at a previous summer internship towards when offers were being handed out I talked to some line managers informally and they were making jokes about some of the attractive girls and how they'd obviously be getting offers. And the majority did.

I won't say it was solely because of that, but when you do hear some line managers talk about some of the girls having "two great assets"... obviously it is a very male-dominated field. I think in Sales at least, no doubt. It's not at all a coincidence that most of the hot girls at a bank will be in Sales.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Received emails from HSBC for Grad Trading for at least 2 months now saying "we're still reviewing". I assume I'll get a rejection by the end of it like last year because it seems too late now not to have even got a phone interview. Has anyone heard from HSBC?

Also, with regards to attractiveness, obviously being good looking (male or female) helps. However, sure, being an attractive girl DEFINITELY helps. When I was at a previous summer internship towards when offers were being handed out I talked to some line managers informally and they were making jokes about some of the attractive girls and how they'd obviously be getting offers. And the majority did.

I won't say it was solely because of that, but when you do hear some line managers talk about some of the girls having "two great assets"... obviously it is a very male-dominated field. I think in Sales at least, no doubt. It's not at all a coincidence that most of the hot girls at a bank will be in Sales.

Had my telephone interview for Trading just over a week ago and got the email earlier saying 'high volume of applications etc', I passed the HR interview but just waiting to hear back from the Trading team if they think Im suitable for an assessment centre!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending