The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by will2348
It's timed from whenever you receive the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But up to what point?, I remember doing the UBS Explore ones and they said they needed to be done in 24 hours, is it same for EY or different?
Reply 781
Hey guys,

Could anyone who has applied to RBS tell me if they have received anything after doing the sjt test???

I've been waiting for a reply for a really long time.

Thanks in advance
Original post by S119234
But up to what point?, I remember doing the UBS Explore ones and they said they needed to be done in 24 hours, is it same for EY or different?

I think EY is 48/72 hours, does it not say in the email?
I think EY is 48/72 hours, does it not say in the email?

Ah ok thank you!, I haven't sent the application off yet, still want to get a fair bit more experience doing numerical reasoning so just wondered what the time frame is after if I make that stage.
Original post by S119234
Ah ok thank you!, I haven't sent the application off yet, still want to get a fair bit more experience doing numerical reasoning so just wondered what the time frame is after if I make that stage.

Oh, okay. The test they send you is Saville Consulting split into three sections so the whole test includes numerical, verbal and diagrammatical elements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S119234

It is 72 hours for strengths test (you get the email when you submit) and also 72 hours for numerical, verbal and diagrammatical test (I got the invite to these tests almost 2 days after doing the strengths test).
Reply 786
Original post by Aenigma
Does anyone know which IBs have their global analyst training in New York?

GS, JP, BAML I'm pretty certain of. RBC is Toronto

What about Citi? The CS website suggests they do as well?

Any others?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deutsche Bank aswell (although they did it in London two years ago)
Original post by DVoo
Deutsche Bank aswell (although they did it in London two years ago)

I think DB has moved training to London, permanently :frown:

My friend has just started as an analyst, there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by Jack_95
Fair enough

RBS's division structure is such a mess.. Trying to find their division most relevant to IBD/M&A - Global Transaction Services? How about you?

RBS left the M&A business a couple of years ago. The only 'IBD-ish' thing to do there is within Capital Markets (DCM and FIG) I think.
Original post by Aenigma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did they decide to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Original post by Aenigma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would prefer New York tbh... I only know an Associate at DB and he did his training in NY. He'll be doing an MBA at Columbia in NY so that's still nice (as part of his 'transition' from analyst to associate)...
Original post by DVoo
Would prefer New York tbh... I only know an Associate at DB and he did his training in NY. He'll be doing an MBA at Columbia in NY so that's still nice (as part of his 'transition' from analyst to associate)...

So would I Sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't imagine it's all that of you live in London, anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why did they decide to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did DB move or why did my friend choose to work there?

No idea about the former. He really likes it, for the latter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Why did DB move or why did my friend choose to work there?

No idea about the former. He really likes it, for the latter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, why did they move the training, just seems odd. Is it a cost-cutting thing? Bizarre.
Yeah, why did they move the training, just seems odd. Is it a cost-cutting thing? Bizarre.

I'm surprised it was ever in NY; they're much bigger in Europe, makes sense to have it there. Probably was cost-cutting, though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aajack
Hi,

How was the critical thinking test?? And how long was it?? I'm finding different answers over the internet.

Thanks in advance

It was half an hour including examples.
Too much text to read before you can answer their questions but it went ok :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 796
Original post by tharntharn
It was half an hour including examples.
Too much text to read before you can answer their questions but it went ok :smile:

Good luck!

Thanks for that. Did u do any practice before taking the test??

I'm going to do it tomorrow morning so I might try the practice test they have on their website.
Did people address their Greenhill cover letter to anyone in particular?
Original post by aajack
Thanks for that. Did u do any practice before taking the test??

I'm going to do it tomorrow morning so I might try the practice test they have on their website.

Yeah I did the one they have on their website to understand the format.
Anyway, good luck with your test tomorrow! :biggrin:
No need, if they dojtbsoecify
Original post by liarpoker
Did people address their Greenhill cover letter to anyone in particular?

Nope. They don't specify who to address it to so u just say dear sir/madam. That's what i did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending