The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadeus
[h="2"]http://www.ubs.com/global/en/contact/contactus.html[/h]
I called the London office number on this page.

That's slightly different from the one I called- +44-20-7567 8000
Reply 981
Original post by florencebunny
That's slightly different from the one I called- +44-20-7567 8000

Thanks for the number, I'll try again if I receive no response in a few days. I don't want to call back yet as it feels like I'm being treated like crap.

Still no response from UBS Explore either and no response to the mail I sent 4 days ago.

I can definitely say that UBS won't be my first choice If I get any offers.
Original post by futurefia
Can we get a list going for all apps that are open or when they are due to open?
For all AM, IB, consultancies, big 4 etc

(Also any actuaries in the house, where you guys applying?)

for those fancy on AM, they usually open slightly later thank banks. up to now, as far as i know, only BlackRock and M&G Investments are open, while Aberdeen is opening on 1st sept.

BTW for those interested in the buy side, the Vault Guide could be a first interesting reading. (This is last year edition, so do not care about the deadlines stated there)

http://fidelityrecruitment.com/uploads/vaults-career-guide-to-inv-mgmt-2013-euro-edition.pdf
Original post by Cadeus
Thanks for the number, I'll try again if I receive no response in a few days. I don't want to call back yet as it feels like I'm being treated like crap.

Still no response from UBS Explore either and no response to the mail I sent 4 days ago.

I can definitely say that UBS won't be my first choice If I get any offers.

If it makes you feel any better, I sent them a question via their email 2 weeks ago and still no response
Original post by t00 g00d for u
What do you think they mean by our applications being "screened". I thought they already got screened to see who would be accepted on to the Explore programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, I don't know what to write back to them but a friend of mine asked them how many people got invited...90. That's way too many for fast track isn't it?
Original post by Zeegie
I have no idea, I don't know what to write back to them but a friend of mine asked them how many people got invited...90. That's way too many for fast track isn't it?

Humm, if it includes spring weeks though? Who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
Is it just me or are the markets and corporate finance internships the only ones open at the moment on the deutsche bank website?
Original post by j4ckd4v13z
Hi, I'm applying for some actuarial summer schemes, although I haven't decided where yet. What course are you doing?

I'm doing BSc Financial Mathematics at a top 10 non-target uni, you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know when Barclays will open?
Do Greenhill actually send rejections within their 48-72 initial application timeframe. Or will you just not hear back?
Original post by j4ckd4v13z
I'm studying Maths at Cambridge :smile:

What firms are you applying to?

As far as actuarial goes I'm applying at:
Towers
LCP
Mercer
BW
First actuarial
Punter Southall
PwC
EY
KPMG
Deloitte
Munich RE
PacLife
MetLife
And many more!
Anybody have any advice for a venture capital interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charleshughes
Anyone know when Barclays will open?

I e-mailed them and they said September 1st
Reply 993
Original post by liarpoker
Do Greenhill actually send rejections within their 48-72 initial application timeframe. Or will you just not hear back?

I was wondering the same thing. If anyone has any information on this it would be helpful

Thanks in advance
Original post by aajack
I was wondering the same thing. If anyone has any information on this it would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Have you had a test invite?

Sent my application on Wednesday morning (very early hours), and still waiting.

Sent mine a couple of days ago also and heard nothing. From what I gather, after everyone heard they were giving out interviews, I'm assuming they've been overwhelmed, haha.

Does anyone know how long you have to do the SJT for RBS? Is it 48 hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Anybody have any advice for a venture capital interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You already got a VC interview? where is this, thought nothing was open yet.
Original post by banker 132
You already got a VC interview? where is this, thought nothing was open yet.

From my university careers network. I didn't realise how good the opportunities posted were and applied far too late for everything aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998

No I haven't had a test invite. I sent my application last Friday, around 8pm. So I'm assuming they have not had a chance to look at it until this Monday. But still it's been like close to 4 days. It's not bad but considering some people already have interviews I don't know what's taking them so long. If they have to reject me then do it quickly lol.

Oh well I'm assuming no news is good news for now.
Reply 999
If anyone could provide me with the list of all the online test providers for all the BBs and the big 4 that'd be great! e.g SHL/ Kenexa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending