The Student Room Group

Is my body absorbing this weight gainer ?

Its a weight gainer im using, however I feel when I take a portion about 1-2 hours later I just go to the toilet and poop it all out. Is this supposed to happen, I was thinking my body isnt absorbing it properly ? Is my body absorbing it properly ?

The product is Critical Mass by applied nutrition, it contains 52g of protein per serving. 920 calories per serving.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You are. Your **** scheduled just happens to resulting in ****ting a few hours after.
Original post by IMBCFC
Its a weight gainer im using, however I feel when I take a portion about 1-2 hours later I just go to the toilet and poop it all out. Is this supposed to happen, I was thinking my body isnt absorbing it properly ? Is my body absorbing it properly ?

The product is Critical Mass by applied nutrition, it contains 52g of protein per serving. 920 calories per serving.

Take 3 servings a day just to be sure.
Reply 3
Transit time for food in the gastrointestinal tract takes a very long time (around 18 hours, I think).
Reply 4
Original post by Nichrome

I already do
Original post by IMBCFC

Holy cow that's a LOT!

Do you actually eat or do you just rely on supplements?
Reply 6
Original post by Silver Arrow
Holy cow that's a LOT!

Do you actually eat or do you just rely on supplements?

I eat around 4/5 meals a day mainly chicken and rice and fish and baked pateto and 2 servings of this supp. Im looking to put on mass.
Original post by IMBCFC
I eat around 4/5 meals a day mainly chicken and rice and fish and baked pateto and 2 servings of this supp. Im looking to put on mass.

Stop eating so clean then lol. Eat stuff thats actually high in calories. like cake or pancakes n sugar n stuff.
Original post by IMBCFC

Yeah. You want to be looking at at least 5000cals a day. So 3x920 = 2760 calories from the weight gainer (maybe mix with whole milk for an added boost), then you want another 2240cals from food. Up your food intake to maybe 6-7 meals a day or as chicken madness said eat stuff higher in calorie content (a double steakhouse whopper meal from BK is like 1400 calories!). Also consider GOMAD.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah. You want to be looking at at least 5000cals a day. So 3x920 = 2760 calories from the weight gainer (maybe mix with whole milk for an added boost), then you want another 2240cals from food. Up your food intake to maybe 6-7 meals a day or as chicken madness said eat stuff higher in calorie content (a double steakhouse whopper meal from BK is like 1400 calories!). Also consider GOMAD.

5000+ cals a day?

good luck with your dreamer bulking goals of 2014 and beyond

3 servings a day?!?! It's 920 calories a serving. He's already taking 2750 calories in this weight gainer alone. Add food on top of that and he'll be obese in no time.

OP is on a straight train to dreamer_bulk land.
Original post by IMBCFC

OP calculate how many calories you need to maintain weight. Add 500cal on top of that and that is how much you should be taking to gain mass.

Eat your bodyweight in protein (1lb of bodyweight = 1g protein a day) so if you weight 140lb you will be having 140g of protein a day.

It doesn't matter where the rest of you calories come from but try to make them from healthy sources, good fats, micro nutrient dense foods, low GI carbs mainly etc.. You can add some cheat snacks here and there to make up the calories if you want and make sure you get some fibre in your diet too.

Don't listen to the idiot that's telling you to eat 5000cal a day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TSA
OP calculate how many calories you need to maintain weight. Add 500cal on top of that and that is how much you should be taking to gain mass.

Eat your bodyweight in protein (1lb of bodyweight = 1g protein a day) so if you weight 140lb you will be having 140g of protein a day.

It doesn't matter where the rest of you calories come from but try to make them from healthy sources, good fats, micro nutrient dense foods, low GI carbs mainly etc.. You can add some cheat snacks here and there to make up the calories if you want and make sure you get some fibre in your diet too.

Don't listen to the idiot that's telling you to eat 5000cal a day.

Yeah sure. OP listen to this person if you want to stay weak and skinny.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Can't tell if you're trolling thinking he will get big by upping calories over maintenance by 500. Sure go for that if you want to waste copious amounts of time! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
as long he's about 500 calories above his daily average, he will bulk fo sho. Hope your training hard, i'm gonna start bulking in sept again!
Original post by R0ry
Can't tell if you're trolling thinking he will get big by upping calories over maintenance by 500. Sure go for that if you want to waste copious amounts of time! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure he wants to put on muscle not fat. Your body can only make a certain amount of muscle at a time, the rest will be fat. Upping calories by too much = too much fat
Reply 16
Original post by TSA
I'm sure he wants to put on muscle not fat. Your body can only make a certain amount of muscle at a time, the rest will be fat. Upping calories by too much = too much fat

If he's taking a mass gainer I assumed that means he just wants to bulk and then cut. Meh i just think it would be a waste of money buying a mass gainer to take in 500 extra calories I'd rather just eat a couple doughnuts haha. Anyway good luck putting on lean muscle just from calories he wants to be counting them macros!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by R0ry
If he's taking a mass gainer I assumed that means he just wants to bulk and then cut. Meh i just think it would be a waste of money buying a mass gainer to take in 500 extra calories I'd rather just eat a couple doughnuts haha. Anyway good luck putting on lean muscle just from calories he wants to be counting them macros!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eating a caloric surplus of 500 is bulking. Just not bulking like an idiot. When bulking you will put on both muscle and fat, you want to keep the fat gains to a minimum. Why? He doesn't have to finish it all in a week, he can make it last as long as he needs to (well until the expiry date anyway). If he is using his mass gainer to add 500 calories etc a day then that's fine.

That's why I said he should also eat sufficient quantities of protein and make up the rest from other healthy sources, but add in an unhealthy snack here and there if he wants.
If you are an ectomorphic hardgainer like myself, then 5000cals is a reasonable number to hit to actually put on weight. I assumed the OP might be the same since he bought a weight gainer. I essentially followed the advice of SL 5x5 and it actually worked. I tried eating 500 cals above 'maintenence' and could never put on 1kg. http://stronglifts.com/hardgainers-gain-weight-skinny-guys/
If you are an ectomorphic hardgainer like myself, then 5000cals is a reasonable number to hit to actually put on weight. I assumed the OP might be the same since he bought a weight gainer. I essentially followed the advice of SL 5x5 and it actually worked. I tried eating 500 cals above 'maintenence' and could never put on 1kg. http://stronglifts.com/hardgainers-gain-weight-skinny-guys/

Gaining weight =/= Gaining muscle.

I put on 30lb in a reasonable time frame (8 months), mostly muscle but some fat gains and I was eating 500 calories above maintenance.

Of course 5000calories will make you gain weight and a ridiculous pace. It's ****ing 5000calories for God sake and I can assure you most of that will be fat. Don't dreamer bulk.

The rock eats 5000 calories a day. You don't need 5000 calories a day.

Quick Reply

Latest