The Student Room Group

I'm not sure what to do :/ Advice needed please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MollyApple
Glad you went for it, have an awesome time!

I teach on a Foundation course as a freelancer and I cannot tell apart the 18yos from the 21yos. You get people who are mature for their age and those who aren't. The first time I went to uni, I had worked for a gap year with people aged late twenties through 60s and supported myself, so I had a really hard time adjusting to being around teenagers again, despite only being 20 myself. They didn't care less that I'd had a gap yr, was older, etc but our attitudes clashed in the classroom, but then again it would have been the same without the gap year, I actually wanted to learn something and not just party was the problem! I feel much more confident about going to uni as a really mature student now (34) because I am even more driven by my desire to learn than ever and this time I know better than to let other people bring me down over it, in some ways I think it benefits us to have taken time out because we gain more determination and a better understanding of ourselves in that time. I also get on really well with all my FD students, regardless of age gap and I'm hoping that will continue at uni.

thanks thats really reassuring :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending