The Student Room Group

What To Do? What To Do?

Poll

Would you help or not help?

Your walking towards your car on campus...you here some commotion and turn towards the noise. You see a man running after a girl. The man is not muscular, but some what thick...not fat. The girl is thin, and shorter. The girl continues to run looking back only once. Her eyes wide as could be.Trying, but failing, the man calls to her.

"Hey wait. Come here. Hold on!"

He grabs her arm and stops her. The girl is obviously scared and is struggling to get away. The man is too strong and she is helpless, completely under his control.

The man starts to speek,"Hey...calm down! Stop!Stupid b*!^h! Stop! Is This your bag! Let me check."

"No!! stop", says the girl in a soft fragile foice showing you even more, how scared she really is . Freaked out of her mind, the man shoves her to the ground without releasing his strong grip. The man continues to shout at her. Not at the top of his loungs, but it is strong enough to feel how determined and fearce he is.

"Stop! This could be my friends!"

There is no way to know exactly what is going on.

What would you do? Help or not help? (explain what you would do.)
Reply 1
Yes, I think I would.
Assuming its not a security guard of course I would help. I'd probably go up and speak to the girl and ask if everything is alright.. then I could judge by the looks on their faces what the appropriate action would be, I'd need to be there to decide what to do.
Reply 3

I'd probably ask what was up and try to gauge how well they actually knew each other, if it was boyfriend girlfriend domestic however, i'd leave them to it.
If he was a Security Guard, it would be apparent, by his uniform; so, if he wasn't wearing a uniform, I would consider what he was doing to quite probably not be justified, and would run over to intervene, asking them both what was going on, and making it certain that I wasn't going to stand by and watch him carry on such behaviour. If there was no valid reason given, I'd threaten to call the Police; if there was seemingly a valid reason, but the girl was still not co-operating, I'd tell him to call the Police, instead of attempting to sort the problem out in such a manner. Either way, I like to think I'd stop him from hurting her. It's hard to know how we'd behave, in such hypothetical situations, but I have rushed to help in a similarish situation, in the past. These are situations in which people may be too quick to suppose the man to be at fault, though.
Reply 5
dyslexic_banana
If he was a Security Guard, it would be apparent, by his uniform; so, if he wasn't wearing a uniform, I would consider what he was doing to quite probably not be justified, and would run over to intervene, asking them both what was going on, and making it certain that I wasn't going to stand by and watch him carry on such behaviour. If there was no valid reason given, I'd threaten to call the Police; if there was seemingly a valid reason, but the girl was still not co-operating, I'd tell him to call the Police, instead of attempting to sort the problem out in such a manner. Either way, I like to think I'd stop him from hurting her. It's hard to know how we'd behave, in such hypothetical situations, but I have rushed to help in a similarish situation, in the past. These are situations in which people may be too quick to suppose the man to be at fault, though.

Even if he was a security guard, I would probably ask if everything is fine. Maybe i'm just really nosey.
I wouldn't rush in on either side, but if I felt it was serious I'd probably step in and ask what's going on
I'd help the girl but would steer clear of the unknown male.
Reply 8
Yeah I would most definitly help. I was seriously surprised when it happened. I was on my way over when I got held back by a family member. They said it wasn't my problem no need to get involved. I stayed back, but I was disapointed. I wanted to help. It's just who i am
Reply 9
guccilittlepiggy
Assuming its not a security guard of course I would help. I'd probably go up and speak to the girl and ask if everything is alright.. then I could judge by the looks on their faces what the appropriate action would be, I'd need to be there to decide what to do.

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending