The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Clearing Offerholders 2014!

Hi guys! I like you got a place through clearing.
I got AAB (missed LSE by 4 UMS in Spanish!) I took English and History as well.

I have done some mega research so can help with a bit of info.

1. Accepting the offer: Log onto clearing and refer the course. For some of us (History and Politics) it may say the course is only for international students. This is a problem with UCAS. TICK THE BOX ANYWAY!!

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO REFER YOUR CLEARING OFFER!!

Ring admissions if you have any issues ASAP.

2. Accommodation:

The deadline for main applications was in July. However, once you have referred your application you will be active on the University database. Log in with your UCAS ID.

I have been told that they are confident that all undergraduates will find accommodation on campus but we need to move fast!

It will take a short while until we are able to be active on the Uni's system. If we could keep each other updated that would be nice.

They will pool the pre-deadline applications first. Then they move onto us. If there are a good amount of spaces we go into the pool as well.

3. Student finance:

If, like me your original application for student finance was for London, you must get into contact with Student Finance UK to inform them of the change. Even if you did not get a maintenance grant. I will post further info as I go through the process.

As of now that's all the info I have gathered! Let's all stay in touch with each other though!

WELL DONE ON GETTING INTO WARWICK!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Queen Acajou

I have done some mega research so can help with a bit of info.

1. Accepting the offer: Log onto clearing and refer the course. For some of us (History and Politics) it may say the course is only for international students. This is a problem with UCAS. TICK THE BOX ANYWAY!!

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO REFER YOUR CLEARING OFFER!!

Ring admissions if you have any issues ASAP.

2. Accommodation:

The deadline for main applications was in July. However, once you have referred your application you will be active on the University database. Log in with your UCAS ID.

I have been told that they are confident that all undergraduates will find accommodation on campus but we need to move fast!

It will take a short while until we are able to be active on the Uni's system. If we could keep each other updated that would be nice.

They will pool the pre-deadline applications first. Then they move onto us. If there are a good amount of spaces we go into the pool as well.

3. Student finance:

If, like me your original application for student finance was for London, you must get into contact with Student Finance UK to inform them of the change. Even if you did not get a maintenance grant. I will post further info as I go through the process.

As of now that's all the info I have gathered! Let's all stay in touch with each other though!

WELL DONE ON GETTING INTO WARWICK!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi and congratulations. I also missed LSE lol. Which course did you miss and which did get into at Warwick?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Ah yeah, I got ito Warwick biomed yesterday after missing my AAA durham offer to get AAC :/, BUT hey, Warwick's great. Have any of you guys recieved anything from Warwick? I haven't gotten anything about applying for accomodation or changing my student finance

Also, I'm not entirely sure I'll go to Warwick, not sure if I still want to do my course, do you know when the deadline for us to tell them I'm not going to be going...is there one?

2. Accommodation:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do i sign in?

I want to apply for accommodation but have no idea how to. What is my username? What is my password?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey, I applied for Adjustment and got into English Lit so a similar thing, I'm also freaking out by how little info I know! They said that we should be active in the system within about 72 hours so the admissions office just told me to keep checking!

As far as I'm aware, click "register" on this link: https://www.accommodation.warwick.ac.uk/apply/login.aspx and keep typing in your details and UCAS ID to check whether you're on the system yet.

If we don't get accommodation on campus, apparently we'll get university-managed accommodation in the local area which we will probably be sharing with other clearing/adjustment people so we'll be in this together :smile:
Original post by didreams
Hey, I applied for Adjustment and got into English Lit so a similar thing, I'm also freaking out by how little info I know! They said that we should be active in the system within about 72 hours so the admissions office just told me to keep checking!

As far as I'm aware, click "register" on this link: https://www.accommodation.warwick.ac.uk/apply/login.aspx and keep typing in your details and UCAS ID to check whether you're on the system yet.

If we don't get accommodation on campus, apparently we'll get university-managed accommodation in the local area which we will probably be sharing with other clearing/adjustment people so we'll be in this together :smile:

If off campus, just hope that we arent actually in coventry (eek).

Really looking forward to this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benq
Hi and congratulations. I also missed LSE lol. Which course did you miss and which did get into at Warwick?

Eugh 4 UMS in Spanish COME ON! I missed Government and Politics and am going to do the same (albeit better...) course at Warwick. What did you miss? Come be bitter with me? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JackTheNerd
Ah yeah, I got ito Warwick biomed yesterday after missing my AAA durham offer to get AAC :/, BUT hey, Warwick's great. Have any of you guys recieved anything from Warwick? I haven't gotten anything about applying for accomodation or changing my student finance

Also, I'm not entirely sure I'll go to Warwick, not sure if I still want to do my course, do you know when the deadline for us to tell them I'm not going to be going...is there one?

Hey don't be bummed out okay you still did awesome! Which course will you do at Warwick?

I'd say the start of September but that's a guess! Give them a ring and ask them. The number is 024 7653 3544

Please make sure you think through your options really carefully. I realised a gap year to retake one exam really wasn't for me and I wanted to go to uni now! I had to stay positive but I'm really quite excited to go to Warwick now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome info gathering! Yeah we will but they also said they are pretty
Confident all undergrads will be on site this year :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IllmaticDragon
How do i sign in?

I want to apply for accommodation but have no idea how to. What is my username? What is my password?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey love you'd need to register but it takes round about 72 hours for them to put you on the system so don't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey love you'd need to register but it takes round about 72 hours for them to put you on the system so don't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Eugh 4 UMS in Spanish COME ON! I missed Government and Politics and am going to so the same (albeit better...) course at LSE. What did you miss? Come be bitter with me? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I missed Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method. Got AAC. I am considering it :wink: But not sure yet. Still waiting for KCL to reject me...
Original post by benq
I missed Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method. Got AAC. I am considering it :wink: But not sure yet. Still waiting for KCL to reject me...

Well you've got time to make a decision :smile: well league tables aside, where would you rather be? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi all,
I got a place to study History and Politics via adjustment, and I managed to apply for accommodation last night after the system updated :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by IllmaticDragon
If off campus, just hope that we arent actually in coventry (eek).

Really looking forward to this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I agree. Love Leamington Spa, but Coventry is a little eek!

Awesome info gathering! Yeah we will but they also said they are pretty
Confident all undergrads will be on site this year :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice to know! Hopefully it all goes smoothly. If we do end up in accommodation we hate, I'm sure we can always room-swap at the beginning of the year when people drop out etc.
Original post by emmah123
Hi all,
I got a place to study History and Politics via adjustment, and I managed to apply for accommodation last night after the system updated :smile:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

HOW DID YOU DO THAT??

Ps well done!
Haha, I agree. Love Leamington Spa, but Coventry is a little eek!

Nice to know! Hopefully it all goes smoothly. If we do end up in accommodation we hate, I'm sure we can always room-swap at the beginning of the year when people drop out etc.

I like your positivity! (thumbs up!)
Reply 17

I kept trying and last night I was able to register here, it might take a while, I'm sure they have loads of applications to sort through and probably don't work on Sundays!

It was here: https://www.accommodation.warwick.ac.uk/apply/StandardLogin.aspx
Just been able to apply for student accommodation :smile:.

I sounded so robotic in my about me section though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Well you've got time to make a decision :smile: well league tables aside, where would you rather be? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure to be honest. I never even considered Warwick before. How good is it would you say?

Quick Reply

Latest