The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Hi guys! I thought perhaps it's time to start a thread for medical applicants who are planning to apply to Imperial. We might discuss almost everything about our application to Imerial College Medical School.
For example, I'll start by writing my current status:
IGCSE: 9A* and 2A
AS: 4A( Biology, Chemistry,Maths and Arabic), C in English Literature :frown:
and Phusics( still to be done)
A Levels: 4A*( Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Arabic), and Physics(still to be done)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I will also be applying to Imperial for 2015 entry :smile:
How are you planning on preparing for the BMAT? Do you know what other uni's you'll be applying to?

My stats are:
GCSE's : 4A*, 1A, 5B, 2C (not great, I'm a mature student and didn't know what I wanted to do back then!)
AS: 4A's in Chem, Bio, Maths and Psych
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hi my stats are

GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
AS: AAABB (biology, chemistry, german, maths, further maths)
A2: predicted A*AA

I'm retaking 2 maths modules to get my Bs in maths and further maths up to As (need 90ums+ to do so)
Reply 3
Original post by amyb1410
Hi! I will also be applying to Imperial for 2015 entry :smile:
How are you planning on preparing for the BMAT? Do you know what other uni's you'll be applying to?

My stats are:
GCSE's : 4A*, 1A, 5B, 2C (not great, I'm a mature student and didn't know what I wanted to do back then!)
AS: 4A's in Chem, Bio, Maths and Psych

I am planning to apply to Cambridge, Edinburgh and i'm not entirely sure about the fourth university (depend on how well the UKCAT goes).
In terms of preperation for the BMAT, I'm planning to revise the sciences for section 2, practice lots of past papers, quickly go through Alevel Physics (I'm really bad at physics :frown: ), practice TSA papers in addition to section 1 and practice writing essays under time conditions. You might wish to join the BMAT discussion thread :smile: It is quite useful.
Hey guys!! I'm applying too, planning to start bmat prep soon. I have AAA at A2 and 8A* and 5A at gcse. Oh and a B in fifth AS.

Just seems like bmat is a big hurdle for me right now!!
Reply 5
Original post by georgiahinch
Hey guys!! I'm applying too, planning to start bmat prep soon. I have AAA at A2 and 8A* and 5A at gcse. Oh and a B in fifth AS.

Just seems like bmat is a big hurdle for me right now!!

I have a C in a fifth AS :smile: However, I have 4A*s at Alevel :P
You've got to start preparing for the BMAT as soon as possible.
Nice to see others interested in applying to Imperial :smile:
Reply 6
Hey me too!
I have 6A* and 5A's at gsce
and 38 points predicted ib
Hi guys I am applying to Imperial too for medicine with predicted A*AA and 7A* 2A 2B at GCSE. Been preparing for BMAT for a while now but still got a way to go with a number of aspects.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Hey there, will be applying to Imperial with 10 A*s for my GCSEs, and 4 A* predictions for A level (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths). I'm rather nervous about the BMAT! I'll be banking on the BMAT a lot, seeing that I'm applying to 3 BMAT unis!

How's BMAT practice going for you guys?
Hey!
Stats: GCSEs: 7A*, 3A, 2B
AS: AAAAA
A2 predicted: A*A*A*
I'm just going to try and nail the bmat now:smile:
I'm also applying to Leeds, Sheffield and Liverpool:smile:
I've just applied!!! Eeeee
Original post by TazzyBoo
Hey there, will be applying to Imperial with 10 A*s for my GCSEs, and 4 A* predictions for A level (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths). I'm rather nervous about the BMAT! I'll be banking on the BMAT a lot, seeing that I'm applying to 3 BMAT unis!

How's BMAT practice going for you guys?

I've just been revising section 1 & 2:smile: 3 bmat unis? Which ones? Are you really that confident? And what's your non bmat?
For interviews at imperial do we need to know the entire A2 + AS course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I've applied to Imperial for Medicine as well so might as well list my stats:
GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS: AAAAA(took one AS in y11)
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A

I've also applied to UCL, Barts and The London and Birmingham.

Let's hope BMAT goes well for us all :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
For interviews at imperial do we need to know the entire A2 + AS course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're probably expected to know all of your AS content and any specific things that you've mentioned in your personal statement. They're not really going to focus on testing your knowledge of the course, that's what your A2 exams are for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karesade
I have a C in a fifth AS :smile: However, I have 4A*s at Alevel :P
You've got to start preparing for the BMAT as soon as possible.
Nice to see others interested in applying to Imperial :smile:

I think I'm okay but I just have to get physics and problem solving nailed!!!
Original post by sarahfrost97
I've just been revising section 1 & 2:smile: 3 bmat unis? Which ones? Are you really that confident? And what's your non bmat?

I've applied to Oxford, UCL, Imperial and Birmingham. I just think that with decisions like this, I need to be able to evaluate my own abilities. I think I'll be able to get a decent score on the BMAT from the practice that I've done, and so I've decided to just go for it!
Besides, these are the universities that I really want to go to! I've had many sleepless nights over it, but I think I've made the right decision. Hopefully, it will work out for the best! I pray that it does!
Which unis will you be applying to?
Original post by TazzyBoo
I've applied to Oxford, UCL, Imperial and Birmingham. I just think that with decisions like this, I need to be able to evaluate my own abilities. I think I'll be able to get a decent score on the BMAT from the practice that I've done, and so I've decided to just go for it!
Besides, these are the universities that I really want to go to! I've had many sleepless nights over it, but I think I've made the right decision. Hopefully, it will work out for the best! I pray that it does!
Which unis will you be applying to?

I wish you luck! I was worried applying to two:smile: Leeds, imperial, Sheffield and Liverpool:smile:
How are people preparing for the BMAT and currently getting? I find Section 1 the hardest and most time consuming.
:smile:
Original post by champion1
How are people preparing for the BMAT and currently getting? I find Section 1 the hardest and most time consuming.
:smile:

I definitely agree, I also find it very hit and miss, getting a 4.6 in the morning and 6.6 in the evening!! Section two is okay, I'm just making sure my knowledge is all there!

Quick Reply

Latest