The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Maniac Medic
Guys, I had my interview on the 27th (International) and haven't heard back yet. Someone who had an interview on the 3rd heard back (also international). Idk what to do. Is there anyone else with a similar situation or am I the only one?

Hmmm...if I remember there was someone else on this thread in one of the previous posts who hadn't heard back after interview on the 27th.
Its been over 2 weeks, but I think in that situation I would wait for it to be 14 working days after interview. If I still didn't hear back then I would contact admissions.
In your interview, did they tell you you'd hear back in 2 weeks?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1781
Original post by sweetlemon
How is the interview structured? Like how many interviewers are there; do they all sit around a table or is it quite casual idk idk ;(

I had 5 as well. One just simply observed while the other 4 asked questions. They were all really friendly, and even when you were struggling a little they give you time to think and speak and also try and help you a little as well by trying to get you thinking. It is not an intimidating interview although there might be 1 interviewer who is slightly more aggressive than the other 3 but even then they are nice.
Reply 1782
Original post by SSJ96
Congratulations!!!!! :smile:
Looks like they give them out 7-8 days after interview now. Are you going to firm?
It might have come through ucas track late last night.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel your interview went? I just had my interview on the 10th and am waiting nervously now. More nervous now than I was at the interview lol. I thought it went okay at first but have mixed feelings about it now.
Anyway, Congrats

thank you!! :-) yeah definitely firming heh. umm I honestly thought it went pretty well, they didn't ask any like very tough questions it was mostly generic/about me, so I was comfortable talking to them.. the interviewers were really friendly and encouraging! why do you have mixed feelings about yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1783
Original post by Maniac Medic
Guys, I had my interview on the 27th (International) and haven't heard back yet. Someone who had an interview on the 3rd heard back (also international). Idk what to do. Is there anyone else with a similar situation or am I the only one?

hey have you checked your ucas track? because for me they didn't email they just updated the track..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1784
Original post by eurey
thank you!! :-) yeah definitely firming heh. umm I honestly thought it went pretty well, they didn't ask any like very tough questions it was mostly generic/about me, so I was comfortable talking to them.. the interviewers were really friendly and encouraging! why do you have mixed feelings about yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The interviewers I had were very friendly as well. When I came out of the interview I thought it went pretty well too, but when I think back to it I feel like there were a couple of questions which I could have answered better, especially the last question where I went off topic a little and they told me it wasn't completely relevant to the question, they then changed the question slightly and were happier with the answer I gave to that question. So not sure if that was okay or not. The rest of the interview was fine with generic questions and I was calm and smiling all the way through the interview.
Reply 1785
Original post by SSJ96
The interviewers I had were very friendly as well. When I came out of the interview I thought it went pretty well too, but when I think back to it I feel like there were a couple of questions which I could have answered better, especially the last question where I went off topic a little and they told me it wasn't completely relevant to the question, they then changed the question slightly and were happier with the answer I gave to that question. So not sure if that was okay or not. The rest of the interview was fine with generic questions and I was calm and smiling all the way through the interview.

i'm sure it went well then, sounds good :-) all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1786
Original post by eurey
i'm sure it went well then, sounds good :-) all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now I just have to hope and wait.
Who do I give my certificates to once I get down to London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont remember it mentioning certificates...? isnt it just a form of ID, i.e. passport etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them to ask a couple of weeks ago and they said to take them to the Student Hub, which is in the Sherfield Building Level 3. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I emailed them to ask a couple of weeks ago and they said to take them to the Student Hub, which is in the Sherfield Building Level 3. :smile:

Oh thanks! I really hope they're open during the weekend :s-smilie:
Oh thanks! I really hope they're open during the weekend :s-smilie:

Argh, I'm afraid I don't think they are! :frown:

In the email, they told me that they're open Monday - Friday 9:30 - 17:00, except on Wednesday where they're open between 10:00 - 17:00. :smile:
Anyone have an interview on March 11th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1794
Anyone got an interview 25th March
Original post by SSJ96
Hi Everyone

Just had my interview yesterday. Came out of it feeling it went okay/a little good. The interviewers were very nice to talk to and so I wasn't actually nervous at all and answered the questions quite calmly.
But when I think about it now there are so many places where's my answers weren't the best.
For my first question I think I kept going on for too long so they sort off stopped me. Then for one of the other questions I didn't know the particular thing they were talking about so I told them politely that I didn't know but there was something else that I did know and instead they offered to listen to that. And my final question I sort of went off topic and on a tangent which they actually told me was the case nicely. And they altered the question slightly and seemed a bit happier with my response to the new question.
I have mixed feelings at the moment. The rest of the interview was fine. I handled all those situations by smiling and being calm. Anybody else have a similar experience. For those who are going to have an interview its a very nice interview and just know your personal statement.
Did anybody else have a similar experience at the interview and still get an offer?
I'm really worried:frown:, I desperately want to go to imperial!!

Hey, I had my interview on the same day.
Really freaking out at the moment checking UCAS every hour :/
Hope we both get an offer :biggrin:
Reply 1796
Original post by arm5267
Hey, I had my interview on the same day.
Really freaking out at the moment checking UCAS every hour :/
Hope we both get an offer :biggrin:

Hey, nice to finally talk to someone who had an interview on the same day:smile:
Yh, I really hope we both get offers too!:biggrin:
Hahaha, I'm doing the same as well checking UCAS Track all the time.
How did your interview go?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Cool! What times yours? I think I'm the last one, mines at 4:30pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

2.30PM. Have opted for the campus tour earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one genuinely stressed about getting 3 As this year...lol
Reply 1799
Original post by sweetlemon
Am I the only one genuinely stressed about getting 3 As this year...lol

I believe so... A lot of us here only need Cs to even out to As at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending