The Student Room Group

AS level results Help !

Hiya below are my as results i got CCDD which is really bad i was expecting B's and E/U in economics as i hate it. Im not sure if to continue into A2 and resit some modules in june or to resit the year for £3000. I want to apply for architectural technology or similar course at uni but not sure if i should apply this year as our college said our predicted grades will be the same as our as level results. I also wouldn't mind doing a gap year but i really don't want to stay at home and just work for whole year. Arghhh i also think my biology exams were marked wrong as i knew the whole syllabus of by heart :frown: it was my favorite subject and i somehow got a D. I started revision during Easter break and revises everyday, now im really scared for A2 as its meant to be harder and im not sure if i will cope with it. Im foreign and my english is basic so i find all my subjects really hard as all the new specific words are hard to remember and learn. :biggrin: i also have probably another stupid question but when it says universities prefer you to do maths does statistics apply for that as well ? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Beau Sancy
Hiya below are my as results i got CCDD which is really bad i was expecting B's and E/U in economics as i hate it. Im not sure if to continue into A2 and resit some modules in june or to resit the year for £3000. I want to apply for architectural technology or similar course at uni but not sure if i should apply this year as our college said our predicted grades will be the same as our as level results. I also wouldn't mind doing a gap year but i really don't want to stay at home and just work for whole year. Arghhh i also think my biology exams were marked wrong as i knew the whole syllabus of by heart :frown: it was my favorite subject and i somehow got a D. I started revision during Easter break and revises everyday, now im really scared for A2 as its meant to be harder and im not sure if i will cope with it. Im foreign and my english is basic so i find all my subjects really hard as all the new specific words are hard to remember and learn. :biggrin: i also have probably another stupid question but when it says universities prefer you to do maths does statistics apply for that as well ? Thank you :smile:

In both Biology and chemistry you are only 4 UMS off a C. You could get some priority scripts (deadline 22 August) and then get your teachers' view if it is worth getting a re-mark (deadline 19 Sep).
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
In both Biology and chemistry you are only 4 UMS off a C. You could get some priority scripts (deadline 22 August) and then get your teachers' view if it is worth getting a re-mark (deadline 19 Sep).

Alright thanks, How can i get priority scripts ?
Reply 3
Original post by Beau Sancy
Alright thanks, How can i get priority scripts ?

Look at the bumf that came with your results, it will probably tell you. It has to be done by the exam centre so if you can't find anything about how to do it then try and contact the exam office there.

Quick Reply

Latest