The Student Room Group

URGENT! Need advice on clearing and university

I have a dilemma right now and I don't know what to do.
Originally firmed LSE with AAB requirement but missed out on their offer with ABB (business economics grade was ONE raw mark off an A, so 2UMS)
I have now asked for the priority remark from edexcel and now anxiously waiting for their reply. Does ANYONE know how long it takes for 3 papers priority remark?

Meanwhile, I have called Queen Mary ( my insurance) to release from my course (since I've changed my mind and did not want to go there at the end) and applied to other universities via clearing. I now have an offer from Durham, Lancaster and Southampton but now they have asked me to refer them on UCAS. However if i do this then I won't be able to refer LSE (if my grades go up after the re-mark) and I'll lose LSE completely.
But if I wait for LSE then I'll risk loosing every other universities.
Can you please advise me on what to do next?
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait for the remarks. They're called priority for a reason - they should get there quickly. How long do you have for Durham etc?
Reply 2
Original post by paradoxicalme
Wait for the remarks. They're called priority for a reason - they should get there quickly. How long do you have for Durham etc?

Thanks for the fast reply
Most of it is a first come first served basis... Especially Durham, I want to go to Durham out of the three but it's the most competitive. Frankly I don't have much time...

Also I had three papers remark, does that mean it'll take more time for them to mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hieuluu
Thanks for the fast reply
Most of it is a first come first served basis... Especially Durham, I want to go to Durham out of the three but it's the most competitive. Frankly I don't have much time...

Also I had three papers remark, does that mean it'll take more time for them to mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My advice? Call Durham, explain your situation, ask how long you can hold the verbal offer for.
Reply 4
Original post by paradoxicalme
My advice? Call Durham, explain your situation, ask how long you can hold the verbal offer for.

I'll do that first thing in the morning on Monday then, it's closed during the weekend
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest