The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got any interviews for aeronautical engineering yet?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by TVIO
Ah well not important. Wonder if we met yesterday. I was in group 6.

Probably not, I was in group 3.
Original post by indieguy
Woah that's good to hear.
When did you send your application?
Also did you only attend one interview? Or you'll have to attend multiple interviews like Oxbridge ones

It's only one interview. I sent my application around the 7th of October.
Reply 983
Original post by ads9297
I emailed them a while ago and Dr Bruce (the admissions tutor) emailed back saying: In the interest of fairness to all applicants, we do not give out details about the content of the maths test. Suffice to say, AS-level maths is a good ball park.

Thank you
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Last Friday! Hoping the interview won't be too bad, I really liked Manchester when I did a Headstart course there so it'd be nice to get an offer :smile:

Yeah plus it's meant to be really good for chem eng! Fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Reply 985
Original post by Iridann
Probably not, I was in group 3.

hey, so was i!!!
Reply 986
Original post by daibeebee
Hiya guys! I just got a invitation to the recruitment day on 26Nov for civil engineering. Has anyone got one as well?

I have one on the same day, just that mine is for electrical electronics
Reply 987
Does anybody have any potential cut-offs for BMAT this year? Some found section 1 easier, some harder so I guess it may stay the same - 4.5 and a lot of people struggled with section two - so maybe even 4.5 instead of 4.7.

I'm not worried about S2 (I was getting 7/8 in past papers) but S1 has always been a killer for me... hope I had good guesses. :biggrin: I really want to get an offer from Imperial <3 .

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got rejected by imperial for mechanical engineering :frown: didn't even get an interview :frown:
but my UCAS still says I have only received a decision from 1 uni, which was Warwick but the latest update part says my application for imperial is unsuccessful or withdrawn? :s-smilie:
does anyone know if its worth a shot to call them up and ask for a chance at interview or try and get into a similar course?
Reply 989
Original post by naivestudent
just got rejected by imperial for mechanical engineering :frown: didn't even get an interview :frown:
but my UCAS still says I have only received a decision from 1 uni, which was Warwick but the latest update part says my application for imperial is unsuccessful or withdrawn? :s-smilie:
does anyone know if its worth a shot to call them up and ask for a chance at interview or try and get into a similar course?

Do you have an idea of why you were rejected? What were your AS grades and your predictions?

I was talking to one of my friends today and he said that apparently you need at least 1 mechanics module in your maths A-level for ICL to consider you for engineering, but I'm not too sure :-\
Original post by Karoel
Do you have an idea of why you were rejected? What were your AS grades and your predictions?

I was talking to one of my friends today and he said that apparently you need at least 1 mechanics module in your maths A-level for ICL to consider you for engineering, but I'm not too sure :-\

No idea :frown:
I'm predicted A*A*A for maths, further maths and physics respectively. I have m1 and m2 maths modules and wrote on my personal statement that I may also learn m3, m4 and m5 on the side. I got a B in M1 and A in m2, (the B was because of a bad day). Would they still consider offering me a related course?
Reply 991
Original post by MsIge
I am applying for chem eng too, what a levels do you do?

I GOT AN INTERVIEW YEY
And I did Maths Physics Chemistry German last year, dropped German this year and picked up AS Further Maths this year :smile: What about you?
Reply 992
How do you prepare for an interview? I've applied for ChemEng
Original post by niamhfw
hey, so was i!!!

Wow haha quite a few of us on here were in the same group
Reply 994
Original post by Iridann
Wow haha quite a few of us on here were in the same group

Just out of interest, how many people were there in each group?
Original post by Cake44
Just out of interest, how many people were there in each group?

Around a dozen for the Computing groups, and there was one JMC group of around ten.
Reply 996
I feel like I am the only girl applying to imperial this year:frown::confused: . I have got an interview for Electical Electronics on the 26th of this month. Does anyone has an interview on the same date and also... any tips on what to wear? smart casual? or strictly formal?
Reply 997
Original post by zikora
I feel like I am the only girl applying to imperial this year:frown::confused: . I have got an interview for Electical Electronics on the 26th of this month. Does anyone has an interview on the same date and also... any tips on what to wear? smart casual? or strictly formal?

Statistics say that ~34% of students are females. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Have anyone applied to do Joint Maths and Compsci or Math recieved an interview?
Original post by zikora

Hiya you are not the only girl ha I am applying to civil engineering though I have interview on 26 Nov as well
I think I will wear suit (maybe?) as I have to wear suit to school so it's like uniform ha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending