The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lecafe88
That's very unfortunate. However, do note that there are only twenty places for the course, and you are also competing with A level students, possibly predictions of A*A*A*A or above. Did you also apply for L100 straight Economics?

no, I applied for the science po-ucl dual degree but haven't had an answer yet!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
@Allina Sorry to hear that, must be a blow :frown: .. I was scared to apply Economics+year abroad, so I just stuck to L100.
Reply 2762
Any english applicants (Q300) who were interviewed by UCL and then received an offer how long did it take the department to reach a decision on your application? My interview was on Wednesday and just curious as to how long it takes the university to reply
Original post by is553
Any english applicants (Q300) who were interviewed by UCL and then received an offer how long did it take the department to reach a decision on your application? My interview was on Wednesday and just curious as to how long it takes the university to reply

They're meant to take up to two weeks post-interview according to the website but it was over three for me before I got sick of waiting and emailed the English admissions guy, who said they'd been having problems communicating with central admissions (and also that I had got an offer :biggrin:) - idk if they'll have fixed this now and hopefully it should be two weeks or less for you but if not I highly recommend just asking, another girl did on here as well and also got her answer (and an offer)

How did your interview go btw?
Reply 2764
Original post by kaylazb
They're meant to take up to two weeks post-interview according to the website but it was over three for me before I got sick of waiting and emailed the English admissions guy, who said they'd been having problems communicating with central admissions (and also that I had got an offer :biggrin:) - idk if they'll have fixed this now and hopefully it should be two weeks or less for you but if not I highly recommend just asking, another girl did on here as well and also got her answer (and an offer)

How did your interview go btw?

Not too long of a wait then. Thank you that is really helpful. I think I'll wait 2 weeks and then drop them an email if i can muster up the courage to do that haha. There seems to be a lot of problems with their admissions department this year! Congratulations on your offer that is such an achievement!! Crossing my fingers for an offer its my first choice eek.
Yeah i think it was ok...was in their for about 35 minutes a lot longer than i expected and we really only spoke about one text with an occasional reference to other texts but still. Also when i got out i realised there was so much more i could have said, annoying but always happens. Think my commentary was quite good think i made some reasonably intelligent points (a lot better than my Cambridge written test which was a disaster ahah). How was your interview when you had it?
Reply 2765
Original post by lizmoo0721
I applied for BA Geography with predicted AAB - my college don't predict A* (even though I got 95% + UMS) in Geography.
Do you think my application will be considered?
:confused:

Probably since they say their typical offer ranges from AAA-AAB. Plus you have an excellent geography mark.
Original post by Lwin
Probably since they say their typical offer ranges from AAA-AAB. Plus you have an excellent geography mark.

I didn't provide them with the mark. I just stated I got an A at AS level.
Reply 2767
Anyone going to the offer holders open day this Wednesday?
Reply 2768
Original post by lizmoo0721
I didn't provide them with the mark. I just stated I got an A at AS level.

Don't UCAS usually ask for the marks from different modules/exams?
Either way, I would think if your personal statement is really good you stand a chance.
Original post by Lwin
Don't UCAS usually ask for the marks from different modules/exams?
Either way, I would think if your personal statement is really good you stand a chance.

They don't ask for them. You can provide them but I thought it was only for Cambridge ect. Hopefully :smile:
Would UCL take me on AAA if my offer was A*AA? I want to firm Cambridge but my Cambridge offer is A*AA with an A* in anything - so if I miss that I've missed everything.
Original post by EHZ17
Would UCL take me on AAA if my offer was A*AA? I want to firm Cambridge but my Cambridge offer is A*AA with an A* in anything - so if I miss that I've missed everything.

For what course? My friend had an Ancient History A*AA offer that she missed last year with AAA and she was let in; but then she had firmed UCL to begin with so the circumstances are a bit different I suppose.
Original post by dancinginlimbo
For what course? My friend had an Ancient History A*AA offer that she missed last year with AAA and she was let in; but then she had firmed UCL to begin with so the circumstances are a bit different I suppose.

Economics, L100.

I heard that if you firm Oxbridge they may be lenient to you if you insure them but I'm pretty sure that can't be right.
(edited 9 years ago)
I haven't heard, and I sent my application off in SEPTEMBER. Should I be worried?
Original post by Kolasinac138
I haven't heard, and I sent my application off in SEPTEMBER. Should I be worried?

Which course did you apply for?
I sent mine off on 24th of November and got an offer for Economics L100 on 27th of February.
Original post by than4711
Which course did you apply for?
I sent mine off on 24th of November and got an offer for Economics L100 on 27th of February.

CompSci. Everyone else who sent it off has an offer, except me.

I'm in a similar position :frown: I'm an international student and I sent off my application in early October for Mechanical Engineering. I've got replies from my other four unis, but not UCL :frown:
Reply 2777
CompSci. Everyone else who sent it off has an offer, except me.

I know how you feel. I'm in the same situation... Applied for Economics and Statistics mid October and still haven't heard anything from them. I'm 90% sure they are going to reject as it has nearly been 5 months since I applied and I know that several people have already gotten offers.

I also emailed them asking about my application status and they gave me a generic 'We have a lot of applicants to deal with' response.
Original post by EHZ17

Focus all your efforts to destroy C3 and C4 so you won't have to worry.
Reply 2779
Original post by EHZ17

What are your backups? Decide if you would be happy to attend one of the unis with an AAA offer (if you have a uni who offered that). Because otherwise, as you said, you might not get in anywhere.
On the other hand if you truly can't imagine going anywhere but Cambridge or UCL than you might as well put UCL as your insurance and then make sure you get that A*!!! They might be lenient, they might not be, so it's more risky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending