University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Logolept
Anyone applying for ESPS?

i am. haven't heard anything yet though.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by TheWarwicko
Anyone got an English offer yet?

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any news for management science?
Anyone else got an offer for BSc physics yet?
My offer was AAB and I was wondering why it was so low?
Reply 524
has anyone had an offer for mathematical computation yet? :}
Original post by drowninginsound
Well done to you too! Sounds interesting, I'll probably go for Physics and Physical Chemistry (I think you get to do a bit of Materials with that too) but Earth Sciences sounds good as well... I just want to do everything. :redface: Was your offer A*AA?

Yeah :smile:
has anyone else been sent a questionnaire to fill in? I am applying for linguistics and have just sent mine off.
Reply 527
Original post by xigi

Nope but I've applied for that too :-) don't they give interviews for it though?
Reply 528
Original post by Karoel
Nope but I've applied for that too :-) don't they give interviews for it though?

they do? :redface: I thought they just had an 'applicant' day...

EDIT: I found this on their FAQ page :wink:

Will I have to attend an interview as part of the admissions process?
Unless you are out of the country or live too far away to travel to us, we would usually ask you to attend an Open Day as part of your application. You will not be interviewed at the Open Day –there is little evidence that an interview is the best way to select candidates. We want you to be as relaxed as possible at the Open Day so that you are able to get the most from it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 529
Original post by xigi
they do? :redface: I thought they just had an 'applicant' day...

EDIT: I found this on their FAQ page :wink:

Will I have to attend an interview as part of the admissions process?
Unless you are out of the country or live too far away to travel to us, we would usually ask you to attend an Open Day as part of your application. You will not be interviewed at the Open Day –there is little evidence that an interview is the best way to select candidates. We want you to be as relaxed as possible at the Open Day so that you are able to get the most from it.

Thanks a lot for this! It makes my application that much less stressful :smile: Do you know if it's possible to transfer between MC and straight maths or straight computer science? Not that I'm considering it but I'm just curious
Original post by rm761
Anyone else got an offer for BSc physics yet?
My offer was AAB and I was wondering why it was so low?

Well it isn't exactly Imperial/Cambridge Physics, so AAB sounds right.
Original post by xigi

My friend got one for this course, just under 2 weeks ago. :smile:
Reply 532
Original post by Karoel
Thanks a lot for this! It makes my application that much less stressful :smile: Do you know if it's possible to transfer between MC and straight maths or straight computer science? Not that I'm considering it but I'm just curious

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/students/teaching_matters/changing_your_degree/

so it seems easier to change to straight CompSci than vice versa
Reply 533
Original post by xigi
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/students/teaching_matters/changing_your_degree/

so it seems easier to change to straight CompSci than vice versa

Oh damn thanks a lot for this anyway, it seems like most joint maths and compsci courses are actually managed by the computer science departments, and not by the maths departments.
I have applied for history, politics, and economics (HPE), but I want to change it to philosophy, politics, and economics (PPE). If I email them do you think they will let me? Will this give them a bad impression of me?
Reply 535
Original post by anonwinner
I have applied for history, politics, and economics (HPE), but I want to change it to philosophy, politics, and economics (PPE). If I email them do you think they will let me? Will this give them a bad impression of me?

No, it should be fine- people change their courses all the time

Having said that, are you sure your PS would be suitable for PPE i.e. are there a lot of history references and no philosophy references? The same applies for your teacher's reference- did your teacher explicitly mention that you want to study a (combined) history degree?

Finally, are you aware of the fact that UCL is only offering 25 seats and would possibly be expecting upwards of a thousand applications (warwick, durham and oxford- three main instititions for PPE all get more than a 1000 applicants)

If you don't mind me asking, where else are you applying, and what course?
Original post by rmisra
No, it should be fine- people change their courses all the time

Having said that, are you sure your PS would be suitable for PPE i.e. are there a lot of history references and no philosophy references? The same applies for your teacher's reference- did your teacher explicitly mention that you want to study a (combined) history degree?

Finally, are you aware of the fact that UCL is only offering 25 seats and would possibly be expecting upwards of a thousand applications (warwick, durham and oxford- three main instititions for PPE all get more than a 1000 applicants)

If you don't mind me asking, where else are you applying, and what course?

My PS is focused on Economics and Politics with a little bit on Philosophy. I've applied to Oxford (PPE) and Bristol, Nottingham, and Manchester (Economics and Politics). I have offers from the last three. I understand Oxford and UCL are both extremely competitive, and don't really expect offers or even interviews from either. When I initially applied for HPE, I didn't realise that the economics and politics parts would be in the context of Eastern Europe and the USSR (I thought only the history part would be.) I should have spent more time looking at the course. I have emailed UCL asking for them to change my application to PPE, thank you for your reply :smile:
Reply 537
Original post by anonwinner
My PS is focused on Economics and Politics with a little bit on Philosophy. I've applied to Oxford (PPE) and Bristol, Nottingham, and Manchester (Economics and Politics). I have offers from the last three. I understand Oxford and UCL are both extremely competitive, and don't really expect offers or even interviews from either. When I initially applied for HPE, I didn't realise that the economics and politics parts would be in the context of Eastern Europe and the USSR (I thought only the history part would be.) I should have spent more time looking at the course. I have emailed UCL asking for them to change my application to PPE, thank you for your reply :smile:

You should be fine then :smile:

good luck with your application

As you're here, I don't suppose you could help me with a TSA question- if you're willing to, PM me. Thanks
Original post by rmisra
You should be fine then :smile:

good luck with your application

As you're here, I don't suppose you could help me with a TSA question- if you're willing to, PM me. Thanks

Sure I can try to help, PM me :smile: sorry for late reply
Hi, I'm a Danish high school student and I want to apply for Civil Engineering at UCL. I'm about to start on my personal statement but I want to know if relevant work experience is important when applying for this course. The thing is I don't have any, so will I have a chance of getting in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending