The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TVIO
You confused the hell outta me as I got a straight offer and there's no way that I'm a particularly exceptional candidate.

Yeah, I got an offer too... I don't think CS are doing interviews here.

When all's said and done, how does accommodation work here? I've heard that you're assigned to a hall/student house and you can't make preferences?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 581
Original post by sarcasmrules
Yeah, I got an offer too... I don't think CS are doing interviews here.

When all's said and done, how does accommodation work here? I've heard that you're assigned to a hall/student house and you can't make preferences?

You get a preference of what sort of things are important to you. So I guess smoking/non-smoking, shared/single, catered/non-catered, prices stuff like that but they assign you something as close matching as possible, it's not like Imperial's system. Also, they can't guarantee you anything if you don't firm them which sucks, as I was considering insurancing them.
Original post by TVIO
You get a preference of what sort of things are important to you. So I guess smoking/non-smoking, shared/single, catered/non-catered, prices stuff like that but they assign you something as close matching as possible, it's not like Imperial's system. Also, they can't guarantee you anything if you don't firm them which sucks, as I was considering insurancing them.

That's kinda decent. Who are you firming?
Original post by MickeyL0912
I don't know...

My AS grades are AABC (biology, maths, chemistry, psychology), dropped psychology... UCL doesn't get to see them though

oh really i thought they can see your as cos they ask for a pass in a fourth as so wouldnt they check it
Original post by VentLife
I got As in all my modules apart from three, which I got EEC in. So my grades were AACD. I have an A in World Development and A in General Studies from Year 11 AS levels Idid early. Im resitting the three modules I didn't get As in. Predicted A*A*A and a B in French, with A* in EPQ :smile: I've applied for Geography BSc which is AAA. I wouldn't worry, you're not the only one without 'perfect' grades :smile:

aww thanks good luck
i dont kno if should ask to increase my predicted grades im predicted 3 as and entry req are 3 as its like im scrapeing it
Original post by cchocolate
oh really i thought they can see your as cos they ask for a pass in a fourth as so wouldnt they check it

I'm at an independent school that doesn't cash in AS levels, so they can only see my predictions A*A*A*Ab (Biology, Chemistry, EPQ, Maths and AS Psychology respectively)
I'm at an independent school that doesn't cash in AS levels, so they can only see my predictions A*A*A*Ab (Biology, Chemistry, EPQ, Maths and AS Psychology respectively)

ooh youre so lucky
good luck in getting an offer:smile:
Original post by cchocolate
aww thanks good luck
i dont kno if should ask to increase my predicted grades im predicted 3 as and entry req are 3 as its like im scrapeing it

If you think its unlikely that you'll achieve higher than AAA, then I wouldn't bother asking them to increase it. I know people who've been made higher than the standard offer at various universities, purely because their A2 predictions are higher and their AS grades weren't as high as the 'usual' applicant
Original post by VentLife
If you think its unlikely that you'll achieve higher than AAA, then I wouldn't bother asking them to increase it. I know people who've been made higher than the standard offer at various universities, purely because their A2 predictions are higher and their AS grades weren't as high as the 'usual' applicant

really oh wow thanks for telling me i gues ill leave it as it is and hope for the best
Reply 589
Original post by the1akshay
I feel like I ought to have considered this before I applied to both UCL and the LSE :frown:

Yeah applying for both UCL and LSE is certainly risky- but if you're sure of getting at least one offer from one of your other 5 choices, there shouldn't really be a problem.

But if you do wish to change a university choice, you would have to contact the university or UCAS and ask them if they would allow it-- I have seen this been don, but it is fairly unlikely without a genuine reason

On the other hand, you could ask LSE or UCL to consider you for a different course e.g. econ & politics or politics &philosophy etc. This wouldn't be a problem at all.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by gatsby5
i am. haven't heard anything yet though.

the wait is intense
Reply 591
Original post by sarcasmrules
That's kinda decent. Who are you firming?

Cambperial hopefully.
Original post by TVIO
Cambperial hopefully.

Ready for the interview?

Spoiler

A pass in an AS level is a requirement for UCL... They will need evidence of this.
Reply 594
Original post by Iridann
Ready for the interview?

Spoiler

:rofl: Nope!!! Though surprisingly I haven't forgotten as much single maths as I thought I had. Apart from the bits I want to forget (binomial expansion...) I might get there early and chill in the science museum.
Original post by nud
anyone else applying for linguistics? just sent my questionnaire off :s-smilie:

I'm applying for Spanish & Politics or International Relations
Original post by anonwinner
A pass in an AS level is a requirement for UCL... They will need evidence of this.

I know, that's why they can see my predicted grade for AS psychology is a B
I know, that's why they can see my predicted grade for AS psychology is a B

Then they'll assume you're retaking it
Reply 598
Original post by Sir Jam Jam
I'm applying for Spanish & Politics or International Relations

Ooo that's cool, i'm just applying for plain linguistics... i wish i'd taken a language at AS because the language and culture degree looks great... where else are you applying?
Original post by rmisra
Yeah applying for both UCL and LSE is certainly risky- but if you're sure of getting at least one offer from one of your other 5 choices, there shouldn't really be a problem.

But if you do wish to change a university choice, you would have to contact the university or UCAS and ask them if they would allow it-- I have seen this been don, but it is fairly unlikely without a genuine reason

On the other hand, you could ask LSE or UCL to consider you for a different course e.g. econ & politics or politics &philosophy etc. This wouldn't be a problem at all.

Good luck :smile:

Already got an offer from York, but it's my fourth choice : -)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending