The Student Room Group

Computer Science At Cambridge

I just got my GCSE results today, and I got 7A*'s 1A and 2B's, although the A is only 2 ums of an A*, so is 8A*'s and 2B's good enough for cambridge, the B's are in french and business. And if I manage to get 4 A's with good percentage in AS, then do I have a good chance of getting an offer ?

Thanks
Reply 1
No mate
Reply 2
Your GCSEs are fine.
Those grades look fine to me
Depends on A levels and extra curricular activities. GCSEs don't mean much.
Reply 5
Original post by Jabberjay_
Depends on A levels and extra curricular activities. GCSEs don't mean much.

So far for extra curricular I've got DofE bronze and silver, self taught c and c++ programming. Beginner in java, silver in intermediate ukmt maths challenge. Please tell any other suggestions if good extra curricular activities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
So far for extra curricular I've got DofE bronze and silver, self taught c and c++ programming. Beginner in java, silver in intermediate ukmt maths challenge. Please tell any other suggestions if good extra curricular activities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I can see (I'm in the same boat as you), cambridge really only care about stuff related to the subject, so they won't care much for DofE, however the c and c++ is good also java and ukmt. Also its good if you can have something to show for your programming, some sort of program you have made or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest