The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE French writing

I had A* in speaking (postal moderation), A* listening and A* reading but only D for writing which was a controlled assessment that the teacher had given A* for. I am not the only one in my school that this has happened to. Whilst an A is still good, I really need an A* for what I want to do in future, is there anything I can do to get it remarked?
Original post by winstonbubbles
I had A* in speaking (postal moderation), A* listening and A* reading but only D for writing which was a controlled assessment that the teacher had given A* for. I am not the only one in my school that this has happened to. Whilst an A is still good, I really need an A* for what I want to do in future, is there anything I can do to get it remarked?

Yes, you can request a remark. You'll have to go through your school, so speak to your subject teacher.
Moved to GCSE's :smile:
Original post by winstonbubbles

Original post by llamaspoon
Yes, you can request a remark. You'll have to go through your school, so speak to your subject teacher.

You can't request a remark for controlled assessments that were first marked by a teacher and then had a sample sent off to be moderated. :no: Either the whole centres has to be remarked in this case or no one's is.

OP, why do you really need an A*? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I had exactly the same problem on OCR GCSE French writing, my teacher said it was an A* but it got moved down to a C, making me my target grade! I've contacted her, but she has yet to reply. It's happened to other people in my school too and now I know it's happened to other schools I'm thinking it might be something to do with the exam board?
Original post by usycool1
You can't request a remark for controlled assessments that were first marked by a teacher and then had a sample sent off to be moderated. :no: Either the whole centres has to be remarked in this case or no one's is.

OP, why you really need an A*? :smile:

Sorry, my bad! I haven't done a controlled assessment for 3 years.
Exact same thing has happened to me and a few others according to my teacher. What I was told to be A* writing is down to a B, leaving me with an A overall. I've got A*s in almost every French exam since Year 7 so for this to happen when it matters is a bit gutting.

As did other people, I told my teacher and she's looking into it, probably will sort a remark when I get back to school next week.
Reply 7
Original post by z1ggystardust
Exact same thing has happened to me and a few others according to my teacher. What I was told to be A* writing is down to a B, leaving me with an A overall. I've got A*s in almost every French exam since Year 7 so for this to happen when it matters is a bit gutting.

As did other people, I told my teacher and she's looking into it, probably will sort a remark when I get back to school next week.

The same for me. Full UMS in both papers, then a C in writing, bringing down to an A. My school are also trying to appeal and get it remarked.
Original post by llamaspoon
Sorry, my bad! I haven't done a controlled assessment for 3 years.

No need to apologise! :h:
Original post by ghlgb
The same for me. Full UMS in both papers, then a C in writing, bringing down to an A. My school are also trying to appeal and get it remarked.

Wow, that's great! I came out with A*s in speaking and reading, then Bs in listening (was expecting this, don't know why but I found the exam 100x harder than any past paper) and writing; definitely unexpected - I was sure (as was my teacher) that my writing was far superior to my speaking...

Hope you get your remark and the grade you definitely deserve! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by z1ggystardust
Wow, that's great! I came out with A*s in speaking and reading, then Bs in listening (was expecting this, don't know why but I found the exam 100x harder than any past paper) and writing; definitely unexpected - I was sure (as was my teacher) that my writing was far superior to my speaking...

Hope you get your remark and the grade you definitely deserve! :smile:

Wow well done to you too!
My controlled assesment was marked at an A by my teacher so fingers crossed :smile:
Thank you, we shall see anyway :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest