The Student Room Group

If I bought somewthing with my card, would my parents be notified?

I have my own credit card now which is in my name and I want to buy something online with it, but my mom is the principal card holder. What does that even mean? Will she be notified of any transactions that I make using the card?
Yes, she can see all that you spend her money on as you're a secondary cardholder, it's not your own credit card at all.
Yeah, you might want to think twice before ordering that dildo lol
Reply 3
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS

Lmao you beat me to a joke of that nature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ElChapo
Lmao you beat me to a joke of that nature

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty much what we were all thinking :smile:
Actually, she may be safe in the dildo purchase because many online adult stores are discreet with their name on statements. Much like they post the item in discreet packaging. Check the T and Cs. You may be fine, just have a cover story if she asks what "£30 LH Health and Beauty" is.
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS

haaaaaa!
Original post by commandant
Actually, she may be safe in the dildo purchase because many online adult stores are discreet with their name on statements. Much like they post the item in discreet packaging. Check the T and Cs. You may be fine, just have a cover story if she asks what "£30 LH Health and Beauty" is.

Someone's quite experienced in this sector....!
Reply 8
Original post by ioclops
I have my own credit card now which is in my name and I want to buy something online with it, but my mom is the principal card holder. What does that even mean? Will she be notified of any transactions that I make using the card?

Any transactions will show on her credit card statement. The bank/cc company might immediately notify her if you make a 'suspicious' transaction lol!
Reply 9
Why is everyone automatically assuming that I'm a girl...
Reply 10
Original post by ioclops
Why is everyone automatically assuming that I'm a girl...

We're not.
Original post by ioclops

They won't ring her or write to her anything like that unless they are suspcious of fraud etc. However, it will show up on the statement .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending