The Student Room Group

Will he ever leave his girlfriend for me?

We've only just met but we have an amazing connection. I believe him when he says that he is unhappy with his girlfriend. I like him so much and we are really happy together. Will he ever leave? Has anyone ever been in this sit?

Scroll to see replies

I've been in this situation in my dreams. So, i can say with confidence that i have a lot of experience regarding your situation. I would take advantage of both worlds. I would have fun with both my girl friend and my girlfriend. Having fun is the purpose of life.
They never leave their girlfriend for you :rolleyes: they all say it, they promise you the world but very few actually do it. I've been the "other girl" before and it rarely works.

I do know someone where it did though - so up to you if you want to go for it!
Original post by How Are You?
I've been in this situation in my dreams. So, i can say with confidence that i have a lot of experience regarding your situation. I would take advantage of both worlds. I would have fun with both my girl friend and my girlfriend. Having fun is the purpose of life.

He's unhappy with her.
Original post by brightcitylights
He's unhappy with her.

I'll give you a serious answer. Move on or wait for him until he breaks up with his girlfriend.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I've been the "other girl" before and it rarely works.

Absolutely this.

All things considered, if I'd ended up with him, I'd probably have ended up convinced he would do to me what he'd done to his previous girlfriend. At the end of the day, whether he's supposedly unhappy or not, he's spoken for and that's a can of worms not worth opening, in my experience.
Original post by Freudian Slip
Absolutely this.

All things considered, if I'd ended up with him, I'd probably have ended up convinced he would do to me what he'd done to his previous girlfriend. At the end of the day, whether he's supposedly unhappy or not, he's spoken for and that's a can of worms not worth opening, in my experience.

Lmao it's funny you say this. I did it twice, because I am an idiot who never learns, and one of the times he did to me exactly what he did to her. Me and his ex (who he was seeing at the time) had a big argument and she said to me "you're welcome to him, he'll do it to you you know" and that turned out to be the only truth I got out of the whole relationship :lol:
Reply 7
Lmao it's funny you say this. I did it twice, because I am an idiot who never learns, and one of the times he did to me exactly what he did to her. Me and his ex (who he was seeing at the time) had a big argument and she said to me "you're welcome to him, he'll do it to you you know" and that turned out to be the only truth I got out of the whole relationship :lol:

Once a cheater, always a cheater. That's saying, isn't it?
Original post by Emilin
Once a cheater, always a cheater. That's saying, isn't it?

Haha it is a saying. I don't think it's always true, but from what OPs said, it sounds a bit...dodgy
Reply 9
if he was willing to leave her for you, what's to stop him from leaving you for someone else some day?
Original post by Mrx123
if he was willing to leave her for you, what's to stop him from leaving you for someone else some day?

I ended a LTR with someone once because I met someone else and it made me realise that the relationship was really not what I wanted. But I was already going, it just brought it forward by a few weeks. But I didn't go around moaning to the new person how unhappy I was with the current and I didn't hang around. We're talking about a few days timeline.

My advice would be to say, "I'm sorry to hear that, you have my number. Call me when you're single". Then go away. Don't hang about for him. Don't go trying to compete or steal him or show him how much happier you two would be - gets messy.
You'll lose him how you got him.
Moved to relationships.

OP, I reckon it depends on the guy? That being said, he should definitely leave his gf, before he's with you... Like it doesn't really show loyalty otherwise, really
If he hasn't left his girlfriend by now, he won't do it.
Just tell him he needs to leave his girlfriend first.

That way he wouldn't become a cheater and I think it would be better for trust in the long term.

If he's not willing to leave his girlfriend first, then it's highly likely he's willing to cheat.
We've only just met but we have an amazing connection. I believe him when he says that he is unhappy with his girlfriend. I like him so much and we are really happy together. Will he ever leave? Has anyone ever been in this sit?

Listen. Breaking up with someone sucks. Its hard to do and there is emotion and regret and accusation and heartache on one side or both. If he can avoid going through this and still be with you why on earth wouldnt he? If I was you I'd follow what others here have said and thats tell him to call you when he is single, then he has to make a choice between you and thats a lot more honest a relationship.
They never leave their girlfriend for you :rolleyes: they all say it, they promise you the world but very few actually do it. I've been the "other girl" before and it rarely works.

I do know someone where it did though - so up to you if you want to go for it!
is anyone forgetting thats it wrong getting with him if he already has a gf:?:angry:

me and you could have a great connection doesnt mean anything good will come of it.forget him now and get on with your life.
This is a question that no need to be ask again since the answer is very clear.
WAKE UP PLEASE
Sounds dodgy but Id wait till hes single. Don't be the other party if he cheats.
I highly doubt he would leave his girlfriend. If he was so unhappy with her, why hasn't he broke up with her already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending