The Student Room Group

Help me Pick my A- Levels!!!

So in my gcse results a few weeks ago i got a mix of A's and B's. From what i enjoy and what i wanted to do I've shortlisted:
Maths
Business
Economics
Law
Biology // Physics
I defo want to do Maths, and at least 1 of Business or Economics 4 sunjects is what i was looking for. I'd be grateful for advice on what selection to take, thanks!
It really does depend on just WHAT you want to do. If you know that, you can look at uni requirements and that can help you choose. For example if you say you want to do medicine, then we'd definitely recommend the science subjects! If you said you wanted to do economics, we'd suggest you do economics! (Though not a mix of economics and business. Economics is enough to get on a business course, but business won't necessarily get you on an economics course)
Reply 2
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
It really does depend on just WHAT you want to do. If you know that, you can look at uni requirements and that can help you choose. For example if you say you want to do medicine, then we'd definitely recommend the science subjects! If you said you wanted to do economics, we'd suggest you do economics! (Though not a mix of economics and business. Economics is enough to get on a business course, but business won't necessarily get you on an economics course)

I'm in a similar situation, I want a carrier in Accountancy and I can pick three A levels Would Maths, Economics and ICT be okay or any other ones?
Out of Economics and Buissness : Economics would fit closer to Maths A-level and might be more of an overlap making your study earlier. As far as Physics and Biology go they are both Facilitating subjects that are usefull in a wide range of feilds. I know that law is often Balcklisted by Uni's meaning most Law degrees prefer that you haven't studied Law at A-level just because it requires unteaching what they teach you at Alevel. Ultimatly choosing Alevels is about choosing what you enjoy hopefully that helped you a little :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest