The Student Room Group

Changing course choices once UCAS form is submitted

Can it be done?

E.g. I am an early applicant, so want to submit my UCAS form to my referee pretty soon because it's all completed.

But I've put down Warwick as a choice, and am not 100% sure if I want to go there because of the campus set-up. I am going on an open day next month though.

Therefore, can I still put down Warwick, submit the form, get the welcome letter from UCAS, and then swap Warwick to Cardiff (my other choice) if I decide I don't like Warwick after all? Or once you 'finish' the courses section of apply, is there no going back?!

Reply 1
Easy as ABC
Can it be done?

E.g. I am an early applicant, so want to submit my UCAS form to my referee pretty soon because it's all completed.

But I've put down Warwick as a choice, and am not 100% sure if I want to go there because of the campus set-up. I am going on an open day next month though.

Therefore, can I still put down Warwick, submit the form, get the welcome letter from UCAS, and then swap Warwick to Cardiff (my other choice) if I decide I don't like Warwick after all? Or once you 'finish' the courses section of apply, is there no going back?!

Finish means just that. :frown:
Reply 2
Easy as ABC
Can it be done?

No, you can't switch your choices after 14 days from the date your application is processed by UCAS IIRC.
Reply 3
You can ADD choices if you haven't used them all up though. As far as I know, it's possible to apply to the ones you KNOW you want to apply to (so leave a gap) and then after the Warwick open day you could phone up and add either Warwick or Cardiff.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this can be done.
Reply 4
Great advice (as always)... thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending