The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Few Questions; Parking & Timetable

So I have some questions in regards to Lancaster university; greatly appreciated if any of you could help answer them for me as best as you could, thanks.

1) I have a bad knee, walking or running too much in cold weather conditions causes it to worsen, I don't have an official medical report or something to prove that I have this condition.. I want parking on campus, how likely am I get get it?

2) If for instance I don't qualify for the parking place, where are parking alternatives close by to the university? As long as it's not too far and even if it's like one bus ride away or walking distance I don't mind doing that.

3) I'm studying Law LLB this October, when do I get my Timetable?

4) What can I expect from my Law timetable, will I be required to attend all 5 days or is it usually 3-4 days?

That's all for now, folks. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Social Engineer
So I have some questions in regards to Lancaster university; greatly appreciated if any of you could help answer them for me as best as you could, thanks.

1) I have a bad knee, walking or running too much in cold weather conditions causes it to worsen, I don't have an official medical report or something to prove that I have this condition.. I want parking on campus, how likely am I get get it?

2) If for instance I don't qualify for the parking place, where are parking alternatives close by to the university? As long as it's not too far and even if it's like one bus ride away or walking distance I don't mind doing that.

3) I'm studying Law LLB this October, when do I get my Timetable?

4) What can I expect from my Law timetable, will I be required to attend all 5 days or is it usually 3-4 days?

That's all for now, folks. Thanks in advance.

Hi Social Engineer,

Here is the current parking permit rules http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/facilities/documents/carparking1415/CarParking_StudentCarParkingPolicy_2014-15.pdf

It allows anyone that has their term time address not within Lancaster and Morecambe to use a car to park in South West campus. I assume you plan to commute to the uni. From SW campus all parts of campus are within walking distance.

You will get your timetable for your degree during intro week. I don't study law so don't know what you're timetable will look like but I would provisionally assume that you will have to be on campus every day and then it will be a bonus if you don't.

Hope that helps,

Nick
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
You should have got an email today from Lancaster to "pre-register" online. From that you can access your timetable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maisiefx
You should have got an email today from Lancaster to "pre-register" online. From that you can access your timetable.

I can't seem to locate my SLC number, any ideas where I can find it? I'm trying to view it from the .gif previews on the Student Loans website.
Reply 4
Original post by Social Engineer
I can't seem to locate my SLC number, any ideas where I can find it? I'm trying to view it from the .gif previews on the Student Loans website.

I couldn't find mine, it's on the 'university or college advice form' sheet (I think that's what it's called) then rather than saying 'SLC number' it's the Student Support Number, which should start with four letters. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending